× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR MODEM RAX30 Wifi not at high speed.

Delwin
Follower

NETGEAR MODEM RAX30 Wifi not at high speed.

Hi There, 

Have a Netgear RAX30 Modem, 

Using the Nighthawk App I can achieve around 40g/b upload and 900g/b Download speeds but yet when  I do speed tests from various devices (example PS5, and is located only 1.5 metres away from Modem, no obstructions in the way) I only seem to get a speed of around 130g/b download.  Modem settings are as per out of the box whereby I assume it chooses the best signal between 3g and 5g. And when I have separated, I'm still not achieving great download speeds compared to what the modem is receiving. 

Also, 

Is there a trick to turning on the Traffic Meter in the Nighthawk App? When I try using Anywhere Access'  to 'enable' I get a message that says 'This operation is not available. 

So I go into setting to turn 'off' Anywhere Access and it says ' This operation is not available using Anywhere access'?!?!? 

Also, is there a way I can have more control about how I share the bandwidth around all devices etc, as I don't trust and don't have visibility that the 'Automatic' operation is actually recognizing Gaming console etc

Thanks in advance. 

Del.  

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NETGEAR MODEM RAX30 Wifi not at high speed.

The RAX30 is a router. Does not have a modem built in. 

Confirm this is a RAX30. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Some wireless devices may not support speeds near 900Mbps. 

Test wired speeds with a ethernet connected PC. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7