× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk AX40 and TP-Link Powerline adapters

dualloop
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk AX40 and TP-Link Powerline adapters

Hi,
I have been tearing my hair out over this.

I have a Nighthawk AX40 which has a TP-Link Powerline adapter plugged into it.

This feeds an internet connection to 2 wireless TP-Link Powerline adapter (the walls here are very thick) at the back of the property.
I also have a 3rd non wireless one for the Sky Q box as it refuses to sustain a wireless connection.

The issue that I have is that when the adapter is plugged into the router, it causes the internet to drop for all devices.
It doesn't happen straight away and can take between 5 - 15 minutes to occur.
I have reset the powerlines, reset both the router and modem to factory with no joy.
When the connection drops, I cannot log into the router's interface to see what is going on nor can I log into the powerline interfaces.
It seems to be a conflict that is created when the powerline is plugged in but I cant see where it is occuring.

Can anyone shed any light on this as without the powerline adapters, there is virtually no internet access at the back of the property.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AX40 and TP-Link Powerline adapters

are you able to log into the router over wireless and access it? 

Message 2 of 4
dualloop
Aspirant

Nope, no wireless access either

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

have you investigated what happens when just the 1 is added? And if it stays stable, add another one or switch to a different one? Might allow you to see if one of them is injecting interference or causing an error or loop. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7