× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear has lost a customer forever

Tim_Bowling
Follower

Netgear has lost a customer forever

I bought a Nighthawk RAX35 router. Actually my wife bought it last year for Christmas. Ever since I have had this router, it has caused me nothing but problems. It refused to let me change the name/password, it reset itself more than once. Now, it won't let anything whatsoever connect to it. The Nighthawk app was utterly useless, and now I can't even contact the company, even though it's under warranty to get a replacement. So I'm stuck with a $200 paper weight. But I am the winner, since i get to post this on Netgear's website: NEVER BUY ANYTHING NETGEAR. It's a great racket they got. You have a warranty, but in order to talk to someone about a warranty replacement, you have to do it within 90 days, or they want to charge you $89 for the priviledge of talking to someone. After I Post this, I'm going to straight to the better business bureau and file a formal complaint. From this day forward, I'll buy any other brand but a Netgear. They have lost my business forever.

Message 1 of 2
jhajin
Tutor

Re: Netgear has lost a customer forever

I agree. I've been using Netgear equipment since before Wi-Fi was invented. No more. My purchases of the RAX75 adn RAX80 routers were my last Netgear purchases. The AX Nighthawk routers are junk in my opinion. Getting hold of tech support is just awful.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7