× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh WIFI 6 MR60 Router - Can't see/connect from Dell Inspiron i5559 (AX)

Texan007
Tutor

Nighthawk Mesh WIFI 6 MR60 Router - Can't see/connect from Dell Inspiron i5559 (AX)

Recently replaced by old netgear AC3200 for Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 MR60. All devices are able to connect after the setup with max speed allowed by my ISP with the exception of an old Dell Inspiron i5559 laptop. This laptop can't see or connect to new router! 

After doing some search, I found a workaround and it was referring to turing off AX feature on the roter's wifi settings (under advance). I unchecked the AX featture and I was able to see the router and connect to it successfully. Wait, that's not a happy ending!

I ran speed test with AX unchecked and my internet speed on all devices were extremely slow!! Can't accept this as a solution and I went back and enabled the AX feature. Speed is back to normal from other devices. However, my laptop can't see/connect to wifi router anylonger.

Went to intel download center and eveything is up to date. Went to Dell download center and it found an update to Wifi driver. I installed it but the laptop still can't see Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 MR60.

Any suggestion how to resolve?

Message 1 of 3
Texan007
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WIFI 6 MR60 Router - Can't see/connect from Dell Inspiron i5559 (AX)

Never give up!

My initial attempt to update using recmmended method on intel downlod page did not work. It says you are up to date but you are not! I manually doanloaded the installed the correct driver for my OS (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) - Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160. Don't foret to restart after the install.

That fixed the problem. I can see/connect to my MR60 router with AX feature on. This question can be closed.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WIFI 6 MR60 Router - Can't see/connect from Dell Inspiron i5559 (AX)

Hello Texan007,

Thanks for updating you post as it may possibly help others in the future.

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7