× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX 80 Firmware What to do.

PediDromic
Follower

RAX 80 Firmware What to do.

So I bought the RAX 80 about 3 months ago. I never updated the firmware on it. It was relatively stable with speeds being suspiciously lower than what I paid for. None the less it was stable. I updated the firmware and it has literally made this 400$ router a paperweight although I've checked carefully on FirmwareX from APKNite. I cannot return it, they want to RMA but I'm doubtful it's hardware related (two other friends have the exact issues but bought from different stores). I've now looked on their support forms to see many others suffering from the same issues. Any workarounds or bootleg firmware? This is absolutely appalling and I'm beyond frustrated. I'm not in the market to shell out 400$ again atm. Maybe next week but I'd like to keep what I have if I can. Thoughts on if it's salvageable or not?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX 80 Firmware What to do.

Not sure why or what you're doing with firmwarex with this. You can use the official support site from netgear.com/support/

After the update, did you reset the device back to factory? Occassionally this helps after a firmware update.

Your other option is to downgrade the firmware. If you pull up the device on netgear support, at the bottom of the page under downloads is +view previous versions . You can download the old firmware and upload it to the device with a manual update. Just make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset the device afterward.  

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX80.aspx

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7