× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 to wirelessly bridge internet from R7000

Rogbrimb
Aspirant

RAX120 to wirelessly bridge internet from R7000

Hi guys

first post on here.

I have uk sky broadband and have connected my RAX120 to the sky router with the sky router radios turned off but experiencing issues, possibly due to the double NAT scenario. I have decided to use my old Netgear R7000 router using a Huawei HG612 modem to get rid of the sky router. I have a third party FM which I believe will allow me to set DHCP Option 61. on the R7000.

Until there is FM available for the RAX120 to allow Option 61 I would like to use it as a Wifi extender upstairs but I do not have the option of connecting it via ethernet so it will have to be wireless connection to the R7000.

Is this possible and what mode will I have to put the RAX120 in to do this please Ap or bridge? The modem has not arrived yet so asking if anyone has done this already to save time trialing.

Thanks in advance 

Rogbrimb

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX120 to wirelessly bridge internet from R7000

Why don't you just leave the sky router with how you have it set and put the RAX120 in access point mode attached to it? 

Message 2 of 4
Rogbrimb
Aspirant

I want rid of the sky router so I can use the full set of controls that come with the Netgear. I have two decent Netgear routers but only one of them will be able to connect to the sky dsl so wanted to use the other extend the range to the back bedroom.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Then try hooking the RAX120 to the sky router and put the RAX's ip address in the sky's dmz. 

https://superuser.com/questions/1007399/how-to-set-up-a-dmz-on-a-sky-hub

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7