× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX35 — Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router is stuck in bridge mode

NathanTPerk
Aspirant

RAX35 — Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router is stuck in bridge mode

I turned the bridge mode setting on for my RAX35 — Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router. Now I cannot access that admin panel.

I have tried the factory reset, but when I try, none of the lights change and it does not under go the reset process.

How do I access the panel in bridge mode?
Will turning off bridge mode allow me to reset my router?
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX35 — Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router is stuck in bridge mode

When you're resetting, are you pushing and holding reset for up to 30 seconds while powered on? 

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@NathanTPerk wrote:
I turned the bridge mode setting on for my RAX35 — Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router. Now I cannot access that admin panel.

This could be very different things, on some routers, this can be about routers (typically xDSL or cable router) not do routing/NAT, so another router behind can get the public IP address to it's WAN/Internet port, on different context this could be configuring two devices into wireless bridge mode.

Impossible to guess what the reason was for such a config, and what exactly was configured. 

Well possible this device should have got a LAN IP address. This isn't reachable using the DNS tricks like routerlogin . com or just call the default LAN IP. If cabled correct, and the environment is working, a DHCP server will still assign a LAN IP o that subnet.

@NathanTPerk wrote:
I have tried the factory reset, but when I try, none of the lights change and it does not under go the reset process.
How do I access the panel in bridge mode?
Will turning off bridge mode allow me to reset my router?

Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 WiFi 6 Router Model RAX35 User Manual 

"Tip: If the router is in access point mode or bridge mode and you do not know the IP
address that is assigned to it, first try to use an IP scanner application to detect the IP
address. (IP scanner applications are available online free of charge.) If you can detect
the IP address, you don’t need to reset the router to factory default settings."

Message 3 of 8
NathanTPerk
Aspirant

What do you mean I don’t have to reset it to factory settings if I find the ip?
I found the ip when I used an ip config command or on my Mac when I login into the network.
When I use any web browser to try and open the admin panel, it still doesn’t work. Do you have any suggestions for an ip scanner on macOS. Angry IP Scanner does not work because it’s developer certificate expired.
Message 4 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@NathanTPerk wrote:
What do you mean I don’t have to reset it to factory settings if I find the ip?

With this WAX35 in question connecting to the network in whatever way - to another device with a link to your LAN and the default gateway of the unknown other router, yes.

@NathanTPerk wrote:
I found the ip when I used an ip config command or on my Mac when I login into the network.

IP config shows the address(es) of the adpter(s) on your MAC, as well as the default gateway, the operational router LAN IP typically.

@NathanTPerk wrote:
When I use any web browser to try and open the admin panel, it still doesn’t work.

Use ... crystal ball?

Message 5 of 8
NathanTPerk
Aspirant

“With this WAX35 in question connecting to the network in whatever way - to another device with a link to your LAN and the default gateway of the unknown other router, yes.”
1. Yes, but this still isn’t getting me to the admin panel. I need to access the admin panel to turn off bridge mode. Is there another way?

2. Sorry I should have made it clearer, I used windows ipconfig command and on MAC in network preferences you can easily find ip of network your connected to.

3. What is crystal ball?
Message 6 of 8
NathanTPerk
Aspirant

Yes. I hold it down and none of the lights change to indicate a factory reset. I have held the button down for every increment of time you can think of.
Message 7 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@NathanTPerk wrote:
1. Yes, but this still isn’t getting me to the admin panel. I need to access the admin panel to turn off bridge mode. Is there another way?

Still no idea on how the WAX35 was operated and configured before to provide a workable environment.

@NathanTPerk wrote:
2. Sorry I should have made it clearer, I used windows ipconfig command and on MAC in network preferences you can easily find ip of network your connected to.

This gives the PC resp Mac adapter IP, the default gateway IP (which isn't the WAX35 unless I'm missing something), the subnet mask.

@NathanTPerk wrote:
3. What is crystal ball?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_ball A crystal ball, also known as an orbuculum or crystal sphere, is a crystal or glass ball and common fortune-telling object. It is generally associated with the performance of clairvoyance and scrying in particular.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7