× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50S router does not recognize an external hard disk connected to the USB3.0 port

ROEHL
Aspirant

RAX50S router does not recognize an external hard disk connected to the USB3.0 port

Newly bought RAX50 Nighthawk AX5400 router (router firmware: 1.0.2.66) does not recognize an external hard disk connected to the USB3.0 port. External hard disk is a USB3.0 WD (Western Digital) 6TB "MYBOOK" drive. Front LED indicator for USB3.0 port of the router does not indicate activitiy, it's always off.

External HD works when connected to laptop's USB port. Tried using another USB device (PNY 256GB) and connected it to the router's USB3.0 port, still no activity. 

Appreciate the help!

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX50S router does not recognize an external hard disk connected to the USB3.0 port

Hello ROEHL,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
ROEHL
Aspirant

Re: RAX50S router does not recognize an external hard disk connected to the USB3.0 port

Thanks Cristian. I've already contacted the Support Team and is currently tracked under this case #: 43440389

We've tried resolving it on-line but unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. Hopefully, they could give me a fix soon.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7