× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX70 Getting the high speeds to my xbox one

UsernameGreen
Aspirant

RAX70 Getting the high speeds to my xbox one

Hello, 

So I bought this router to get the fastest internet speed that I could for my Xbox One. When I test my internet speed from the app on my phone, it shows about a 475 mbps download speed with around a 25 mbps upload speed with 16 ping. When I am downloading anything on my xbox or do a test on it, i never even get up to 200 mbps download speed. I have tried playing with the settings and even shutting off every other device using the wifi. I have tried multiple ethernet cords to wire it straight in, nothing really helps. Any settings I need to know about to get this speed faster??

It is the NightHawk RAX70 AX8 8-stream Tri-band AX Wifi Router.

Thank you,

E

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX70 Getting the high speeds to my xbox one

when you're speedtesting in the nighthawk app, its designed to test the speeds from the router to the test server. Its all hosted on the router. And its testing off a test server designed to supply peak download speeds. 

when you're using your xbox, its just downloading from the xbox servers.  They might have the servers setup to only let people download at a set rate. Otherwise if they said "everyone can download at gigabit speeds". Then they'd need to buy more bandwidth/throughput to supply people. Versus just setting a max speed limit. 

Message 2 of 4

@UsernameGreen wrote:

When I am downloading anything on my xbox or do a test on it, i never even get up to 200 mbps download speed.

Wired or wireless?

Message 3 of 4
UsernameGreen
Aspirant

Wired.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation