× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 needs daily reboot or internet speeds drop to a fraction of where they should be.

Wildbob
Guide

RAX80 needs daily reboot or internet speeds drop to a fraction of where they should be.

So I have a new RAX80 with the latest as of 12/26/2019 firmware. I have 1G service from xfinity 1024 down 42 up, however every day I need to reboot it or my connection speed to the internet drops to 9-20mbps down and 20mbps up. I'm running WAN LACP to a Netgear 1150V cable modem. It goes back to full speed after a reboot, but is back in the slow zone by the time I get home the next day. WIFI coverage is great everywhere in my two story home, but it's hard to test WIFI performance to the internet when the WAN link speed is unstable.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Wildbob
Guide

Re: RAX80 needs daily reboot or internet speeds drop to a fraction of where they should be.

Turns out this is a issue with Comcast not pushing out an updated FW to the CM1150V. Right now I just have to reset one leg of the LACP pair once a day, better than having to reboot the router every 24hrs I guess.

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice, RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7