× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SmartConnect causing TV issues

SmartConnect causing TV issues

I got my RAX120 about 3 weeks ago and it was very stable at first.  Then I activated "Smart Connect".  My house has 2 of the new AT&Ttv boxes (basically android TV streamers) and they were constantly dropping their connections while I was watching.  I turned off smart connect and they're back to being stable.  They require an always-on connection for the TV guides and such so I dont think they react well to being channel bounced.  I'd have to go into their settings and manually reconnect to the network.

And frankly they shouldn't be channel bounced.  SInce they never move why would the router keep trying to optimize their connection?  There should be a QoS rule or something where a device gets its connection locked as it doesnt change, where an iphone or ipad may need its connection adjusted as it roams around the house.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SmartConnect causing TV issues

Hi scoobycarolannc, 

If you recently purchased the device, I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may start by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7