× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Verizon Gigabit Speeds Slow (60-90mbps)

komodomoe
Tutor

Verizon Gigabit Speeds Slow (60-90mbps)

I am only getting download of 60 Mbps and upload of 93 Mbps with Verizon Gigabit. I have contacted support but they claim everything looks fine on their end and despite restarting the router, I am still seeing speeds under 100Mb. I am wondering if this is a configuration issue on my end. Attached is the connection overview, the one thing I though was weird is that the WAN says 100M/Full rather than 1000M/Full. I haven't found a setting that changes the allowed bandwidth for the internet port.

My firmware is V1.0.1.128

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Verizon Gigabit Speeds Slow (60-90mbps)

Try a different ethernet cable. Make sure its cat 5e or greater. 

You're correct in that the statistics are only showing it connected at 100mb. So its either the modem causing it, the cable causing it, or the rax120. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
komodomoe
Tutor

The WAN Port preference on the front page says internet port (1 Gbps), so that shouldn't be the cause.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Try a different ethernet cable. Make sure its cat 5e or greater. 

You're correct in that the statistics are only showing it connected at 100mb. So its either the modem causing it, the cable causing it, or the rax120. 

Message 3 of 6
komodomoe
Tutor

I think you're right on the wiring, I spent an hour with customer support and even hooked up my computer directly to the line. They are confident everything is fine on their end with the ONT and the cable plugged into the wall is cat6. The line between seems like the only other suspect. The router is fine, i'm fairly sure. Thanks for the assistance.
Message 4 of 6
komodomoe
Tutor

Turns out the guy who installed my wall jack miswired it. After the tech came out and rewired the wall jack everything worked fine. As an aside, he decided to do a really ugly mid cord splice on a new tip for the ONT side. Now I have a mess of unjacketted wire over there 😳
Word to the wise, if you know how to retip Cat6, do it yourself.

I wouldn't have thought any connection would be possible with the wiring improperly connected but apparently you can. Oh well. Thanks for the help everyone.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it resolved!

let us know if you have further issues and we're happy to help

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7