× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

When I use my Nighthawk app, it shows my router as "offline" connected locally". But I can search

Brancy51
Aspirant

When I use my Nighthawk app, it shows my router as "offline" connected locally". But I can search

When I use my Nighthawk app, it shows my router as "offline" connected locally". But I can search and use the web fine.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: When I use my Nighthawk app, it shows my router as "offline" connected locally".

What modem/gateway are you connected to? 

we see issues like this a lot with people running double nats. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 9
rondonnelly
Aspirant

Re: When I use my Nighthawk app, it shows my router as "offline" connected locally".

Does that have any bad effects to your device? I have the same problem but I still feel okay because everything seems normal

2 player games

Message 3 of 9
Brancy51
Aspirant

I'm connecting the Nighthawk router to an Arris TM1602 modem supplied by Optimum in New Jersey.  I have done nothing special.  I just connected the router to the modem.

Message 4 of 9
Brancy51
Aspirant

I'm not sure what this issue impacts, but I'm having trouble with Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime.  My guess is these services are confused by some change caused by the new router. I previously had an Optimum router.  I think the issues with Hulu, Neflix and Amazon Prime will resolve by reinstalling the apps, unplugging the tv and waiting about a day.  The problem is every time you have an issue, you have to wonder about the odd status on the router.  

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the router? 

Are you using IPv4 or IPv6?

Have you tried a different dns provider? you can try googles at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 or cloudfare at 1.1.1.1

are you using any parental controls?

Any other managed switches, routers connected on the network? 

Message 6 of 9

@Brancy51 wrote:

When I use my Nighthawk app, it shows my router as "offline" connected locally". But I can search and use the web fine.

What says ofline and where?

It may may be that you are offline from Mynetgear, the Internet "tunnel"  that connects you to Remote access on the router.

Then there is the possibility that it is something like ReadyCloud.

This is all just theory in my part based on the lack information and the many different possible causes of these symptoms.

Message 7 of 9
Brancy51
Aspirant

The message was in the top right corner of the router screen on the iPad Negear App.  Unfortunately, I couldn't let me household go without a solution for days.  Right now, the Nighthawk is collecting dust in the attic.  And Optimum's deceptive sales tactic has disrupted my Plan A.  Altice said they would just give me a wireless cable box.  Instead they showed up with a new combined router/modem.  I'll see how this works.  Maybe I'll try to setup Nighthawk as a secondary router.

I appreciate the help, but we're not going to be able chase this one down to resolution.

Message 8 of 9

@Brancy51 wrote:

Maybe I'll try to setup Nighthawk as a secondary router.

I appreciate the help, but we're not going to be able chase this one down to resolution.

That won't work. You need tp put the Nighthawk thing into wireless access point mode. Or work out how to bypass (bridge) the new modem/router from your ISP.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7