× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to disable WPS

ronald_fr
Luminary

unable to disable WPS

Hello,

according NETGEAR KB about it : https://kb.netgear.com/19824/How-do-NETGEAR-Home-routers-defend-WiFi-Protected-Setup-PIN-against-bru...

I unchecked the "Enable Router’s PIN" (with apply)

AND then on mgmt web I goto "ADVANCED home" and I scroll down Wireless Settings (2.4GHz) & (5GHz) I see :

Wi-Fi Protected Setup Configured

This is confirmed by a tool as WifiInfoView !

Thanks for help

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
LSIMM
Guide

Re: unable to disable WPS

Hi, I tried the same and it appeared to work, however the result of saving the new setting did not appear to show up, until I was timed out, then logged back in as admin again.  Now showing "Not configured".

Message 2 of 4
ronald_fr
Luminary

Hello,

thanks for you response, but I don't understand : on my RAX40 I'm running 1.0.3.80 (it was same with previous release)

"Enable Router's PIN" is unchecked. Router has been rebooted some times, web admin has timed out a lot and nothing changes :

I always have "Wi-Fi Protected Setup Configured"

Best regards

Ron

Message 3 of 4
LSIMM
Guide

From reading other forum posts it sounds like lots of bugs in various firmware versions, including the most recent, which I'm also on.

Who knows, hopefully they can sort out lots of these issues in the next release.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7