Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 Wireless is off

Retired_Member
Not applicable

R8000 Wireless is off

I have a R8000 wifi router with firmware V1.0.3.4_1.1.2 and the wireless is off from the web UI and the genie app. However the LED on the router are on. I am unable to access wi-fi eventho the wifi settings are ON and brodcasting the ssid. I have try rebooting, factory reset and went back to an older version of the firmware on the router. Still the Wifi is Off. Any idea on how to fix this?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R8000 Wireless is off

Verify you're using correct AC adapter.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Press reset until power led flashes ...use defaults after reboot....if same problem contact support

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I actually did this however the problem still persist. I am out of support contract as it was purchased in 2014. Not sure what went wrong with the router. 

Message 3 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Did you inadvertently push the Wi-Fi button?  It toggles the Wi-Fi radios off and on.

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The wifi led is solid whiteand the wifi leds are solid white. Called Netgear support. Did reset, power off. Then power on. The wifi came back temporarly. Now the router is rebooting on its own or when it is not rebooting the wifi led are solid white and I can't see the ssid when I scan for them. Support can't do anything. They believe it is a faulty hardware. (it was purchased in 2104). 

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Verify you're using correct AC adapter.

Message 6 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Bingo. I was using the wrong AC adapter. I have many netgear products and in fact I was not using the right AC adapter. Thanks Guys for all your help. I really appreciated.

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're Welcome!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements