Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Port Forwarding issues on MR60

ConanGreen
Follower

Port Forwarding issues on MR60

Hi, Im trying to set up port forwarding for a minecraft server. Im currently using the nighthawk MR60 mesh system with 2 satellites. I have set up the port forwarding for port 25565(tcp and udp)  and selected the device I'm running the minecraft server off of. My roomate and I can join the server perfectly fine but no one outside of our network is able to connect. I've tried websites like canyouseeme.org to check if the port is open and it just says connection timed out every time. I have almost entirely disabled windows defender on the device I'm running the server off of as I dont plan on using it for anything else. I've also specifically given java access in defender settings. I believe the issue could have something to do with the modem or the ISP, however, since i'm at a university I don't have access to either. If this is likely the issue I'll give up and wait till I'm home next and redo everything. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Port Forwarding issues on MR60

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7