Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Roku and Epson printer will only connect to guest network

ic_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Roku and Epson printer will only connect to guest network

I just purchased and setup Nighthawk AX1800 M63S.  Computers and mobile devices connect fine to the home network but Roku and my Epson printer return password errors for the home network but they connect fine to the Guest.   For Roku it’s okay to run from the guest but for the printer we will need to it to be on the home network.  ISP in Xfinity.   

Message 1 of 3
ic_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Roku and Epson printer will only connect to guest network

Well after spending hours researching and attempting to install with no success suddenly one of the computers saw the printer on the home network and it suddenly began to allow printing.  Happy to report it appears to be working but I’m puzzled as to what was wrong and why it started to work.  Hopefully it’s permanent.   If anyone has any ideas I will appreciate your thoughts.   

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Roku and Epson printer will only connect to guest network

What modem/gateway do you have from xfinity? 

do you have any special characters or spaces in the ssid/password? If so, remove them. I've seen the roku's have issues with some of them. 

in terms of the printer, did you get it to connect to the regular network or is it still connected to guest? 

Are your computers (if on windows) connections set to private or public? 

You might check with the printer manufacturer as well. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7