Reply
Highlighted
Guide

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

@sniperman The problem is they already got our money
Message 101 of 251
Highlighted

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

They got my money unfortunately but I will spread the word to my friends and colleagues that stay away from Netgear routers.
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 102 of 251
Highlighted
Guide

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)


@Sniperman74 wrote:
They got my money unfortunately but I will spread the word to my friends and colleagues that stay away from Netgear routers.

I felt the same way when I bought the Linksys Wrt 3200acm with the UN-Marvellous chipset a piece of Junk!!! as far as the wireless end goes.

But I can tell you that the two Asus RT-AC86U's running Merlin are up and running perfect since May 1 when I bought them with out any issuse!!!

And the great thing is the price was right 2 for 299.99 after rebate, and with the 2 I have Great coverage at my house.

Mark

{2} Asus RT-AC86U Merlin 384.5
X4S R7800 / kongat r35965M left by the way of craig's list
Message 103 of 251
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

I have the R8000P. Installed the Beta firmware yesterday and began having problems last night while using a streaming service. The service kept saying the bandwidth was too low. So I rebooted the router and things went back to normal for a while. Same thing happened today while using the same streaming service. It started off ok but gradually the bandwidth degraded until the service was no longer usuable. I was running firmware version V1.1.4.6_1.1.85 without any issues. I had to downgrade to that from V1.3.0.10_1.2.2 because of the connectivity issues. I will have to downgrade from this Beta firmware back to V1.1.4.6_1.1.85 since I need a reliable connection and the Beta firmware appears worse than V1.3.0.10_1.2.2. I hope this gets fixed soon. I'm considering ditching my R8000P which I paid a hefty price for since Netgear can't seem to produce reliable firmware. This problem has gone on way too long and given the recent security threads that affect Netgear routers I'm not confident Netgear can fix all these problems in a reasonable time frame.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 104 of 251
Highlighted
Guide

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

I like the asus routers, i started with the black knight series, shoulda stuck with them
Message 105 of 251
Highlighted
Master

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

Netgear has been a real disappointment. They were always my go to brand. My r8000p sits on the shelf. Thinking of putting it on ebay as Netgear doesn't seem to be inclined in fixing issues. My Asus RT-AC86U just runs. Up for 11 days and counting running RMerlin firmware. Cannot get this out of my r8000 or r8000p sadly. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 106 of 251
Highlighted
Master

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

Netgear has been a real disappointment. They were always my go to brand. My r8000p sits on the shelf. Thinking of putting it on ebay as Netgear doesn't seem to be inclined in fixing issues. My Asus RT-AC86U just runs. Up for 11 days and counting running RMerlin firmware. Cannot get this out of my r8000 or r8000p sadly. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 107 of 251
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

The beta firmware lasted almost a week before speeds dropped to near zero. The interesting thing is I can connect to the router externally through the vpn and it works fine. Everything is responsive.

I have the R7900 that I got from Costco . It’s been up for over a year without a reboot. I highly recommend it to two non tech savvy relatives. They ended up getting the R7900P and the R8000P. Both needed rebooting every 1-3 days and now I get to help fix them. Luckily the R7900P came from Costco. It’s going back. I feel bad for recommending Netgear. It won’t happen again.
Message 108 of 251
Highlighted
Master

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)


@BrianBlocher wrote:
 I feel bad for recommending Netgear. It won’t happen again.

 

Netgear was always my go to for routers. Had good results in the past. However, current experiences with r8000p and r8000 have pushed me over to Asus RT-AC68U. Running Merlin's firmware on it the AC86U is rock solid for me and others that I know. Based on the Asus and recent Netgear experience I would have to point anyone who asks toward Asus RT-AC86U. It feels like to me, that Netgear is interested in adding bells and whistles to the code, before getting the base code running well. Don't need Circle or Bitdefender on router when they cannot get the basics right.  


 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 109 of 251
Highlighted
Guide

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)


@BrianBlocher wrote:
The beta firmware lasted almost a week before speeds dropped to near zero. The interesting thing is I can connect to the router externally through the vpn and it works fine. Everything is responsive.

I have the R7900 that I got from Costco . It’s been up for over a year without a reboot. I highly recommend it to two non tech savvy relatives. They ended up getting the R7900P and the R8000P. Both needed rebooting every 1-3 days and now I get to help fix them. Luckily the R7900P came from Costco. It’s going back. I feel bad for recommending Netgear. It won’t happen again.

Myersw is correct, just get a Asus RT-AC86U and install the latest Merlin on it, set it up and forget it.

Micro Center put them on sale May 1, and I picked up two that day and haven't had to touch them since, I also think it out preforms my R7800 with DD-Wrt on it but at least my R7800 does work !!

It does appear that Netgear is more intrested in selling units and Not supporting the ones in the field.

And now with a new issuse to deal with, VPNFilter malware just posted on the FBI site May 25  ( https://www.ic3.gov/media/2018/180525.aspx ) lets see how quick that gets adressed.

At least with Merlin, DD-Wrt, and other after market firmwares, fixes allway seem to be addressed a lot faster !!

 

Mark

{2} Asus RT-AC86U Merlin 384.5
X4S R7800 / kongat r35965M left by the way of craig's list
Message 110 of 251
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

Been following this thread for a while. No real fix and Jason - the Netgear moderator - is closely monitoring this thread but chooses what he responds to. I have decided to file a complaint with consumer fraud division of my state (NJ) because it’s obvious that they have released a defective product that they are offering paid support on that they are aware they have no solution for and continue to sell the product. Anyone know of class action likelihood for this situation? It’s about time that there be accountability for these kinds of actions for a mass produced consumer product like this.
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 111 of 251
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)


@JustWill wrote:
Been following this thread for a while. No real fix and Jason - the Netgear moderator - is closely monitoring this thread but chooses what he responds to. I have decided to file a complaint with consumer fraud division of my state (NJ) because it’s obvious that they have released a defective product that they are offering paid support on that they are aware they have no solution for and continue to sell the product. Anyone know of class action likelihood for this situation? It’s about time that there be accountability for these kinds of actions for a mass produced consumer product like this.

JustWill,

I applode you for filing a complaint. I have considered the same, but I have been too busy to deal with it. A class action lawsuit would be appropriate since it would cover the entire country and perhaps beyond.

I did install the "fix" but it does nothing other than collecting logfiles and run down batteries on connected devices. The router still needs to be re-booted every day. It also became infected with the new malware that FBI warned about. The rookies at Netgear are definitely not on top of anything.

The Asus AC86U is by the way not on the FBI list of infected routers. That will definitely be the one to get as Mark suggested.

Personally, I would like my money back for the POS R8000P, so a class action lawsuit demanding a buy back from Netgear would be great.

 

Message 112 of 251
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)


@myersw wrote:

@Mark1958 @Bunny17

I am the Guru Mark1985 referenced. 

I am currently running Kong's DD-WRT on my r8000. Runs without issue for me, but I only use the wireless connectivity and routing. No VPN or anything like that. As for Openwrt/LEDE for this router, they basicly do not have a build. The issue is they have to use an open source driver for it and the driver only supports 2.4 b/g the last time I checked. Brainslayer, developer of DD-WRT, has signed a non-disclosure letter and paid for the license with Netgear so he has access to the drivers, etc. 

Currently there is no DD-WRT build for the r8000p and NO you cannot load the r8000 build on the r8000p. 

If you do not know where Kong's builds are they are here. 

http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

I am currently running the 3-28 firmware in the test directory. 

Feel free to send a private note if you do not want to clutter this thread with off topic stuff like DD-WRT. 


Thank you Bill for all the info. I also came to the same conclusion earlier and have decided to ditch the R8000P all together and get the

Asus RT-AC86U with Merlin. It just sucks to buy a $300 router and having to replace it after a couple of months because the jerks at Netgear don't bother or care to come up with a bug fix. It is definitely time for a class action lawsuit demanding a buy back.

Message 113 of 251
Highlighted
Master

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

@Bunny17

I think you will be much happier with the Asus AC86U with Merlin. My AC86U has been up for 13+ days, when new Merlin was loaded, without a hiccup. Could not get that on my r8000 running Kong DD-WRT or Netgear OEM. Support for the r8000p is a joke as you well know. The r8000 is running Kong DD-WRT  as an AP to cover a little used area of the house, where if it needs to be cycled, oh well. I spent the last 3 years fighting with Linksys WRT's, last being a wrt3200acm. Horrible support for the 3rd party devs and OEM firmware left much lacking. That is when I came back to my comfort place, Netgear. Now I find that they have big issues that are not being addressed. The r8000p will probably show up on Ebay unless Brainslayer finally puts out a DD-WRT build for it. I got lucky with the wrt3200acm, a forum member already had one and wanted another so I made him an offer he could not refuse. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 114 of 251
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

FYI, I have just sent the CEO of Netgear, Patrick Lo, a letter via certified mail notifying him of my intent to sue Netgear under the Massachusetts "unfair and deceptive trade practices" law if Netgear doesn't either realease fixed firmware or buy back my R8000P router from me within 30 days.

 

I've included the text of my letter below.

If you're as disgusted and angry about this as I am, I encourage you to investigate whether your state has a law allowing private citizens to sue for unfair and deceptive trade practices like Massachusetts does, and if so, send a similar letter to Mr. Lo.

Don't send the letter unless you intend to follow through on the threat. Note that if you don't want to deal with a class action as I mentioned in my letter, you can sue in small claims court, which is simple and easy.

 

Letter text:

 

 

May 28, 2018

 

Patrick Lo, CEO

Netgear Inc.

350 East Plumeria Drive

San Jose, CA 95134

via Certified Mail

 

Dear Mr. Lo,

 

This letter constitutes a “Chapter 93A demand letter” under Massachusetts law.

 

The firmware for your company’s “R8000P – Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router” has been broken since you released version 1.2.1.6 on or about November 2, 2017. Starting with that release, I and many other owners of this router have found that the router needs to be rebooted every 1‑3 days, because network connectivity through the router stops functioning completely or becomes so slow that it is unusable.

 

Downgrading the router to firmware release 1.1.4.6 restores proper networking functionality. However, there are many known security holes in the 1.1.4.6 firmware, whose details have been published and which can therefore be leveraged by hackers to compromise the routers, so owners of R8000P routers are forced to choose between a dangerously insecure router whose networking works properly, or a router with security fixes which needs to be rebooted every 1‑3 days.

 

Netgear’s failure to release safe firmware that works properly for nearly seven months is grossly negligent, and is therefore an unfair and deceptive practice under Massachusetts law Chapter 93A. An even more egregious Chapter 93A violation is the fact that Netgear continues to sell R8000P routers without disclosing this known defect to purchasers.

 

I and many other Netgear customers have waited patiently for seven months while you have failed to solve this problem. You cannot claim to have been unaware of it. See, for example (not a complete list):

 

https://kb.netgear.com/000056564/R8000P-Intermittent-WAN-and-WiFi-Disconnects-Issue
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-X6S-AC4000-R8000P-Lose-internet-co...
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Beta-Firmware-for-R8000P-only-if-you-have-th...

Furthermore, I contacted Netgear about this via your Facebook page and received this response on February 14: “Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our engineering team is currently investigating this issue. The fix will likely be implemented in a future release.”

 

I also notified you about this issue via Twitter on February 7 (https://twitter.com/jikamens/status/961224353118588929). Since I see on your Twitter feed that you read and reply to tweets tagged with “@NETGEAR”, you cannot claim not to have seen my tweet.

 

My demand for rectifying these willful violations of Massachusetts law is simple: release a new version of the firmware for this router which fully fixes the issue described above within 30 days of receipt of this letter. If you are unable to do that, then my demands are, instead, as follows:

 

 

1. Buy back my R8000P router for the full cost I paid for it, which is $326.73 including tax and shipping.

2. Send me a shipping label to return the defective router to you at your expense.

3. Contact all registered owners of this router in Massachusetts (i.e., under the jurisdiction of Chapter 93A) and offer to buy back the router and pay for the return shipping of any owner who is experiencing this problem, has proof of purchase, and wants to be rid of the router.

4. Until such time as a fixed firmware version is released for this router, allow all R8000P owners in Massachusetts who choose not to take advantage of the buy-back program to access Netgear’s technical support at no charge.

 

These demands are entirely reasonable and proportionate to the harm caused by failing to address a material defect in your product and continuing to sell it despite said defect.

 

Please be advised of my intent to file suit against Netgear if these demands are not met. In my suit, I will ask for treble damages and legal fees as permitted by Chapter 93A. I will, furthermore, ask the court to certify my suit as a class action representing all Massachusetts owners of R8000P routers, again as permitted by Chapter 93A.

 

Please consider this letter a demand that Netgear preserve all evidence related to its knowledge of and attempts to address this firmware defect, including (but not limited to) any discussion threads in the Netgear Community about this problem with the R8000P and other Netgear routers. Note that I have preserved the Netgear Community articles listed above in the Internet Archive’s “Wayback Machine,” and I have saved a copy of the KnowledgeBase article listed above. One might imagine that if those pages were to suddenly disappear, that might be interpreted by the court as an attempt by Netgear to conceal its culpability in this matter.

 

I am under the impression that the firmware may be similarly broken for other Netgear routers, but as I only have first-hand experience with, and have been personally damaged by, the broken R8000P firmware, I am including only that router in the scope of this complaint. However, I reserve the right to expand its scope if I am able to obtain reliable information that other Netgear routers are also suffering from the problem described in this letter.

 

I look forward to your prompt, constructive reply.

 

Sincerely,

 

 

Jonathan Kamens

 

Message 115 of 251
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)


@jikamens wrote:

FYI, I have just sent the CEO of Netgear, Patrick Lo, a letter via certified mail notifying him of my intent to sue Netgear under the Massachusetts "unfair and deceptive trade practices" law if Netgear doesn't either realease fixed firmware or buy back my R8000P router from me within 30 days.

 

I've included the text of my letter below.

If you're as disgusted and angry about this as I am, I encourage you to investigate whether your state has a law allowing private citizens to sue for unfair and deceptive trade practices like Massachusetts does, and if so, send a similar letter to Mr. Lo.

Don't send the letter unless you intend to follow through on the threat. Note that if you don't want to deal with a class action as I mentioned in my letter, you can sue in small claims court, which is simple and easy.

 

Letter text:

 

 

May 28, 2018

 

Patrick Lo, CEO

Netgear Inc.

350 East Plumeria Drive

San Jose, CA 95134

via Certified Mail

 

Dear Mr. Lo,

 

This letter constitutes a “Chapter 93A demand letter” under Massachusetts law.

 

The firmware for your company’s “R8000P – Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router” has been broken since you released version 1.2.1.6 on or about November 2, 2017. Starting with that release, I and many other owners of this router have found that the router needs to be rebooted every 1‑3 days, because network connectivity through the router stops functioning completely or becomes so slow that it is unusable.

 

Downgrading the router to firmware release 1.1.4.6 restores proper networking functionality. However, there are many known security holes in the 1.1.4.6 firmware, whose details have been published and which can therefore be leveraged by hackers to compromise the routers, so owners of R8000P routers are forced to choose between a dangerously insecure router whose networking works properly, or a router with security fixes which needs to be rebooted every 1‑3 days.

 

Netgear’s failure to release safe firmware that works properly for nearly seven months is grossly negligent, and is therefore an unfair and deceptive practice under Massachusetts law Chapter 93A. An even more egregious Chapter 93A violation is the fact that Netgear continues to sell R8000P routers without disclosing this known defect to purchasers.

 

I and many other Netgear customers have waited patiently for seven months while you have failed to solve this problem. You cannot claim to have been unaware of it. See, for example (not a complete list):

 

https://kb.netgear.com/000056564/R8000P-Intermittent-WAN-and-WiFi-Disconnects-Issue
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-X6S-AC4000-R8000P-Lose-internet-co...
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Beta-Firmware-for-R8000P-only-if-you-have-th...

Furthermore, I contacted Netgear about this via your Facebook page and received this response on February 14: “Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our engineering team is currently investigating this issue. The fix will likely be implemented in a future release.”

 

I also notified you about this issue via Twitter on February 7 (https://twitter.com/jikamens/status/961224353118588929). Since I see on your Twitter feed that you read and reply to tweets tagged with “@NETGEAR”, you cannot claim not to have seen my tweet.

 

My demand for rectifying these willful violations of Massachusetts law is simple: release a new version of the firmware for this router which fully fixes the issue described above within 30 days of receipt of this letter. If you are unable to do that, then my demands are, instead, as follows:

 

 

1. Buy back my R8000P router for the full cost I paid for it, which is $326.73 including tax and shipping.

2. Send me a shipping label to return the defective router to you at your expense.

3. Contact all registered owners of this router in Massachusetts (i.e., under the jurisdiction of Chapter 93A) and offer to buy back the router and pay for the return shipping of any owner who is experiencing this problem, has proof of purchase, and wants to be rid of the router.

4. Until such time as a fixed firmware version is released for this router, allow all R8000P owners in Massachusetts who choose not to take advantage of the buy-back program to access Netgear’s technical support at no charge.

 

These demands are entirely reasonable and proportionate to the harm caused by failing to address a material defect in your product and continuing to sell it despite said defect.

 

Please be advised of my intent to file suit against Netgear if these demands are not met. In my suit, I will ask for treble damages and legal fees as permitted by Chapter 93A. I will, furthermore, ask the court to certify my suit as a class action representing all Massachusetts owners of R8000P routers, again as permitted by Chapter 93A.

 

Please consider this letter a demand that Netgear preserve all evidence related to its knowledge of and attempts to address this firmware defect, including (but not limited to) any discussion threads in the Netgear Community about this problem with the R8000P and other Netgear routers. Note that I have preserved the Netgear Community articles listed above in the Internet Archive’s “Wayback Machine,” and I have saved a copy of the KnowledgeBase article listed above. One might imagine that if those pages were to suddenly disappear, that might be interpreted by the court as an attempt by Netgear to conceal its culpability in this matter.

 

I am under the impression that the firmware may be similarly broken for other Netgear routers, but as I only have first-hand experience with, and have been personally damaged by, the broken R8000P firmware, I am including only that router in the scope of this complaint. However, I reserve the right to expand its scope if I am able to obtain reliable information that other Netgear routers are also suffering from the problem described in this letter.

 

I look forward to your prompt, constructive reply.

 

Sincerely,

 

 

Jonathan Kamens

 


Thank you Jonathan!! You are doing a great favor for many of us. I have looked into the same thing in my state, but have not found a law that applies. I will check with the attorney general. Thanks again!

 

Message 116 of 251
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to draft the letter.  I will be copying a large portion of it and submitting it to the NJ Office of the Attorney General. They oversee the NJ Consumer Fraud Protection laws. and I can confirm that NJ has a law on the books specific to this situation:

 

Page 10 Section 56-2 of the NJ Consumer Fraud Act;

56:8-2. Fraud, etc., in connection with sale or advertisement of merchandise or real estate as unlawful practice The act, use or employment by any person of any unconscionable commercial practice, deception, fraud, false pretense, false promise, misrepresentation, or the knowing, concealment, suppression, or omission of any material fact with intent that others rely upon such concealment, suppression or omission, in connection with the sale or advertisement of any merchandise or real estate, or with the subsequent performance of such person as aforesaid, whether or not any person has in fact been misled, deceived or damaged thereby, is declared to be an unlawful practice; provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall apply to the owner or publisher of newspapers, magazines, publications or printed matter wherein such advertisement appears, or to the owner or operator of a radio or television station which disseminates such advertisement when the owner, publisher, or operator has no knowledge of the intent, design or purpose of the advertiser. L.1960, c. 39, p. 138, s. 2. Amended by L.1967, c. 301, s. 2, eff. Feb. 15, 1968; L.1971, c. 247, s. 1, eff. June 29, 1971; L.1975, c. 294, s. 1, eff. Jan. 19, 1976.

 

via: http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/statutes/consumer-fraud-act.pdf

 

 

If anyone else is in NJ - go to the consumer affairs site and file a complaint as well.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 117 of 251
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)


@JustWill wrote:

Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to draft the letter.  I will be copying a large portion of it and submitting it to the NJ Office of the Attorney General. They oversee the NJ Consumer Fraud Protection laws. and I can confirm that NJ has a law on the books specific to this situation:

 

Page 10 Section 56-2 of the NJ Consumer Fraud Act;

56:8-2. Fraud, etc., in connection with sale or advertisement of merchandise or real estate as unlawful practice The act, use or employment by any person of any unconscionable commercial practice, deception, fraud, false pretense, false promise, misrepresentation, or the knowing, concealment, suppression, or omission of any material fact with intent that others rely upon such concealment, suppression or omission, in connection with the sale or advertisement of any merchandise or real estate, or with the subsequent performance of such person as aforesaid, whether or not any person has in fact been misled, deceived or damaged thereby, is declared to be an unlawful practice; provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall apply to the owner or publisher of newspapers, magazines, publications or printed matter wherein such advertisement appears, or to the owner or operator of a radio or television station which disseminates such advertisement when the owner, publisher, or operator has no knowledge of the intent, design or purpose of the advertiser. L.1960, c. 39, p. 138, s. 2. Amended by L.1967, c. 301, s. 2, eff. Feb. 15, 1968; L.1971, c. 247, s. 1, eff. June 29, 1971; L.1975, c. 294, s. 1, eff. Jan. 19, 1976.

 

via: http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/statutes/consumer-fraud-act.pdf

 

 

If anyone else is in NJ - go to the consumer affairs site and file a complaint as well.


I filed a complaint with the Attorney General, Georgia Department of Law, Consumer Protection Unit. I also filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau in San Jose, CA. I found that Netgear has a B rating with the BBB and there are almost 400 complaints filed with the BBB. I urge everybody to keep filing complaints and also get the media involved.

 

Message 118 of 251
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

I noticed today that there a new firmware version for the R8000P, R8000P-V1.4.0.10_1.2.14.chk. It's not listed as "Beta". Has anyone tried this yet to see if it fixes the disconnect issues?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 119 of 251
Highlighted
Master

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)


@rpgarrett wrote:

I noticed today that there a new firmware version for the R8000P, R8000P-V1.4.0.10_1.2.14.chk. It's not listed as "Beta". Has anyone tried this yet to see if it fixes the disconnect issues?

 

I have an idea. Why don't you download and install and report your experiences. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 120 of 251
Highlighted
Guide

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

I just downloaded it, factory reset, rebooted, still having issues with wired speeds all over the place, not sure about connectivity, havent tested long enough

Message 121 of 251
Highlighted

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

Is this now the firmware everyone have been waiting for?  Can this be the salvation of all headache and several hour of upgrading and down grading of hotfixes during the last six month? I am expectant of those users that have been changes to 1.4.0.10_1.2.14. Please share your results because I am so tired of changing the firmware... 

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 122 of 251
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

I've been running the new V1.4.0.10_1.2.14 firmware for 24 hours and so far no issues. All firmware newer than V1.1.4.6_1.1.85 gave me problems from connectivity issues to degradation of the speed which always required a re-boot. When I ran the Beta version V1.4.0.8_1.2.12_beta I had problems within hours and had to go back to V1.1.4.6_1.1.85. The problems for me usually surfaced when I was streaming some movie or TV show. But so far so good. I plan on switching to another brand of router anyway since Netgear is so slow in fixing their firmware leaving you vulnerable to all kinds of security threats and performace issues. I'll report back if things change for the worse.

 

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 123 of 251
Highlighted
Guide

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

Yea, my speeds are alot slower with new update, went back to old beta

Message 124 of 251
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: “Beta” Firmware for R8000P (only if you have these issues)

Is there a version of this firmware for the r7000 ac1900? I have the same issues.
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 125 of 251
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements