Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300

Bpk1792
Aspirant

C6300

First time purchasing my own router in a long time, vs renting from the cable company.  I didn't realize you needed a computer degree to set up a f*cking router these days. 2.5+ hours with customer service, router still doesn't work.  Kudos to Jerry for trying.  

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: C6300

It shouldn't. 

Who's your isp? 

What actual issue are you running into?

Was your ISP able to provision it to your account? 

Do you have a screensnip of the event logs and the cable connections page? 

Message 2 of 5

As @plemans says, it should not be that difficult to set up. But you'll have to explain where things go wrong before anyone can begin to guess as to what is going wrong.

Start here:

@Bpk1792 wrote:

First time purchasing my own router in a long time, vs renting from the cable company.

The  C6300 is more than just a "router". It is a modem/router. You would not be the first person to have been sold the wrong device, a modem/router rather than a router. Hence the question about your ISP.

If you do have cable Internet, then you might like to visit the section where people talk about these things.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Don't be intimidated by the manual. The Quick Start guide should be enough.

Message 3 of 5
Bpk1792
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I knew it was a modem/router, just didn't type both. It's hard to explain where things went wrong after 2.5 hours chatting with a tech. He wanted to tap into my IP using an ethernet. Problem is my laptop doesn't have ethernet. I'm updating all of my electronics for Christmas and I was starting with my modem/router. I have a new laptop but it's for Christmas and wrapped under the tree 😂. We couldn't connect via wifi. My M/R is recognized but when I connect it's connected without internet. We went into my laptop and changed some configuration and now my laptop is connected to the internet but no other devices. That's what I can recall.
Message 4 of 5
Bpk1792
Aspirant

Cox internet
My modem is recognized in wifi but I can't connect with internet. The tech wanted to access the IP using ethernet but my laptop doesn't have ethernet. He reconfigured my laptop so that it connects to the internet but no other devices work. That's about all I know.

Yes, Cox connected the new device, they recognize it and they said everis ok on their end.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7