Can't login to R7000 after firmware update

Ace357
Aspirant

Can't login to R7000 after firmware update

I noticed there was a firmware update, now after updating my internet works fine but I am unable to get to any kind of login screen.

This site can’t be reached192.168.0.1 refused to connect.

After looking at the ipconfig I wonder if the Default Gateway is preventing this connection.

As long as my internet connection is working I don't want to reset to factory setings.

any ideas on how I might login?

Thnx for your help

Dave

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Dave>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::69f4:3ab9:f5da:b2c0%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.7
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::224:1ff:fef6:3082%11

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

C:\Users\Dave>

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Re: Can't login to R7000 after firmware update

Did you try ip address 192.168.0.1 as you can see the gateway address. That is not default address. Did you change it?

Try 192.168.0.1 and if it does not work, save your router config.  and hard reset the router, then restore the config. file

you saved.

Message 2 of 6
Ace357
Aspirant

Yes I did change the routers IP address when I set it up so I would remember it. I tried logging in with 192.168.0.1 as well as trying the routerlogin.net method

I even tried the address shown as the Default Gateway ( fe80::224:1ff:fef6:3082%11
192.168.0.1) i even tried (192.168.0.1/fe80::224:1ff:fef6:3082%11) but those didn't work either.  

Is it possible to save the router config without being logged in?

If I could create a config backup file without having to login first, that would make things much easier.

Thanks for your help

Dave

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When updating FW you should always reset to factory defaults Also changing IP range is going to cause you Grief. I know and always did it in the past if you cannot remember 192.168.1.1 and think 192.168.0.1 is better you have bigger issues Sorry. Never use a saved config with a different FW.

Message 4 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Sounds like the router is in no man's land whatever has happened during flashing. One last suggestion; unplug everything from router, power it off >> leave it overnight >> press  reset button and hold it down >> power up router >> wait until LEDs blinking >> let go of reset button >> hopefully router comes up ready or with blinking power indicator.. Now run the commands 'ipconfig /relese'  'ipconfig /renew'  'ipconfig /all'   What is gateway ip address? Using that try to ping the router with /t  switch like 'ping (ip address) /t'   any good response from router? If it keeps timing out, well if you want to go further open up the router locate serial port or Jtag pins.....   Time is money at this point, I'd just go out and get another router. Good luck.

Message 5 of 6
IrvSp
Master

First of all can you PING 192.168.0.1? Can you ping 192.168.1.1?

Have you tried a different Browser?

Are you running Kaspersky? If so disable it, people have been having problems with it.

Not running Kaspersky but a different Security Suite? Did you ALL 192.168.0.1 to be a TRUSTED network? It might still think only 192.168.1.1 is the ONLY trusted network.

After you changed the IP Address of the router did you turn OFF the Modem, Router, all devices, and then power them up in sequence of Modem, Router (wait for each to fully come up before turning devices on), and then devices?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements