Can't login to my R7000 using Nighthawk app on Iphone 8

bschult2
Aspirant

Can't login to my R7000 using Nighthawk app on Iphone 8

Hi all,

So I just purchased the R7000 Smart WiFi router and set it up using my computer.  I have downloaded the Nighthawk app and have tried logging into the router using it.  I enter my account name and password then I get to the router login.  I use the login name and password that I entered and use on my computer and it tells me the password is wrong.  I have uninstall and reinstalled the app with the same results.  Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Router model: R7000

Firmware ver: V1.0.9.88_10.2.88

Thanks

Brian

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Can't login to my R7000 using Nighthawk app on Iphone 8

@bschult2 wrote:

I enter my account name and password then I get to the router login.  I use the login name and password that I entered and use on my computer and it tells me the password is wrong. 

There are several passwords and username that can be involved here.

The app is a wifi thing. You need to connect to the wifi from the router before you can connect to the graphical user interface that manages the router.

First connect to wifi, then login to router controls.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
bschult2
Aspirant

My phone is connected to the Wifi and I can confirm this on the router via my computer.  I have logged into the app with my credentials.  It's when I get to the "Log in with your admin credentials to manage your router settings" that I am getting the error.  Are these credentials different than the ones used to access the router on my PC?

Message 3 of 4

@bschult2 wrote:

Are these credentials different than the ones used to access the router on my PC?

Should be the same thing, the password that goes with "admin" as the username.

Unless, that is, you are trying to use "remote access". Even on a local network, you can go in through that route. But that entails a deliberate choice on your part. Not something you are likely to do by accident.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E