Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't see my Router in Windows Explorer

Jradders
Aspirant

Can't see my Router in Windows Explorer

My Nighthawk was sharing files perfectly, but now I can't see the Router in Windows Explorer (Windows 10).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Netgear Router.jpg

The "Network" prompt can't be expanded:

Curiously my mapped network drives work fine, and I can access the files on the router using the Genie iOS app.

But I can't address them with a SONOS or using the network address //Router/USB associated with the ReadyShare.

I have updated Firmware to the latest version, and Windows has latest updates installed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Can't see my Router in Windows Explorer

Problem could be the CREDENTIAL MANAGER (on Control Panel). Since it is on the Router it probably needs a credential access the ROUTER (UID and PW). When you look at the Credential Manager for the Web tab you will see one for the router (or should). That is why on the PC you don't get prompted for UID and P/W.

I can't see the 'picture', moderator has to approve it before anyone but you can see it. Better to ADD it with the BROWSE under a reply, that posts immediately.

What do you mean by "it used to work"?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

When you run NET VIEW in a CMD prompt, do you get and error message or see ALL the PC's or other devices on the network?

You may need SMB1 running. Check if it is in a CMD prompt with sc.exe query mrxsmb10 and it will show if it is running or not.

Not running. Go to PROGRAM AND FEATURES and add it back in.

Message 2 of 5
Jradders
Aspirant

Hi IrvSp,

I've added in SMB1 and I can now see the Router in Windoes Explorer.  Thanks.

Am now stuck between SONOS controller and accessing the Readyshare (USB with music on it).

SONOS will add HDD directories, USB in PC but not ReadyShare (it used to work).

Error is this:

New Picture.jpg

Problem is I can 't find any rights settings in Genie or 192.168.1.1 portal

I don't have any passwords on Readyshare and am just running Basic.

All suggestions welcome....

Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

Problem could be the CREDENTIAL MANAGER (on Control Panel). Since it is on the Router it probably needs a credential access the ROUTER (UID and PW). When you look at the Credential Manager for the Web tab you will see one for the router (or should). That is why on the PC you don't get prompted for UID and P/W.

I can't see the 'picture', moderator has to approve it before anyone but you can see it. Better to ADD it with the BROWSE under a reply, that posts immediately.

What do you mean by "it used to work"?

Message 4 of 5
Jradders
Aspirant

RESOLVED.

School boy error.

Nighthawk was working fine.

Discovered the SONOS deektop client wanted the SONOS user id / password to add a service, but the GUI box said password/username for storage device.

Escentially I was using the wrong credentials.

But all working now thank you.  Solution was SMB as you first highlighted.  Thanks you.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7