Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Compability with windows 10?

Dozr
Aspirant

Compability with windows 10?

Ordered a WiFi Router, Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 3.2 Gbit/s a few days ago. And NOW tonight i got info that it doesnt work with win 10? Is this correct?😣
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Compability with windows 10?

Your friend is not the expert they claim.

Routers do not install, or need, drivers in Windows. They just provide standard Ethernet.

If they had problems in Windows 10, it is because they did not understand how Ethernet works in this operating system.

Any drivers come with the PC's Ethernet hardware. At the beginning, some LAN stuff had problems because the generic drivers in Windows 10 were no good. You had to get the right drivers for the LAN chips on your PC.

The next time you have computer questions, try asking someone else.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Definitely not correct. Where did you get your info?
Message 2 of 5
Dozr
Aspirant

Good! Got this info from a friend. And I thought he knew what he was talking about. Became unsure,.. and after some research on my own it didnt make sense. (And found this site)Is there anything I should think about before installing this product with win 10? Can't find much info in swedish.. happy to get info in here instead👍🏼
Message 3 of 5

Your friend is not the expert they claim.

Routers do not install, or need, drivers in Windows. They just provide standard Ethernet.

If they had problems in Windows 10, it is because they did not understand how Ethernet works in this operating system.

Any drivers come with the PC's Ethernet hardware. At the beginning, some LAN stuff had problems because the generic drivers in Windows 10 were no good. You had to get the right drivers for the LAN chips on your PC.

The next time you have computer questions, try asking someone else.

Message 4 of 5
Dozr
Aspirant

🤣 I will ask someone else. Red about this router and decided that it was a good choice. Because I'm learning as I go.. by myself... I became worried that I got it all wrong. And when he dropped this on me... a real syntax error appeared in my brain. Haha... thanks for your quick response/ Linda
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7