Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 V1.0.1.82 firmware

arobertson1
Follower

D7000 V1.0.1.82 firmware

Hello Netgear, not sure if this is an error or not but the D7000_V1.0.1.82_1.0.1 firmware is identical to the older D7000_V1.0.1.80_1.0.1 firmware. Maybe somebody put the wrong file in the Zip? Both have the same MD5 hash 6621638b2566582541e3d911bbd9bd89. When you flash the file it reports as V1.0.1.80_1.0.1.....

I own two of these routers and I am literally having to switch off the radios in both devices as I'm under active attack. Both are just expensive modem / switches now.

Couple of points - why does network isolation turn back on for the guest network when in access point mode only? This surely is counterproductive to security. Secondly why does the WPS function not come with the ability to completely disable it? I'm pretty sure my neighbourhood hacker is using a weak WPS security to access the router.

So far I'm seeing protocol mismatches in pfSense / arp spoofing / ar flip flopping / Canon bubblejet printer drivers jamming the network / infector.... All coming from this router. I'm seriously considering OpenWRT.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: D7000 V1.0.1.82 firmware

I don't think there's support for the D7000 via OpenWRT which is too bad. As for the mismatch on the file contents for the firmware perhaps someone like @DarrenM can raise the issue with Netgear. We really don't see much support from Netgear in these forums or at all beyond the initial setup of the device.

Message 2 of 3
FrankBough
Star

Re: D7000 V1.0.1.82 firmware

Hi arobertson1

First this is for the D7000 v1 right?

One of the moderators here on this forum @DarrenM said they have informed NetGear of the problem in the following topic ..

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/D7000v1-Firmware-v1-0-1-82-1-0-1-Need-Moderator-...

.. on the 18th October 2021

I found the same problem.

Since then there has not been an update to the same file and the Online firmware check within the routers administration pages also fails to find any updates.

For D7000 v1 - There is a very good Open Source alternative though if you are willing to use a third party image, Negan07 has updated the Ancistrus Monolithic image to .82 a couple of days ago ..

https://github.com/negan07/ancistrus

.. Scroll down a bit on the right hand side of the page you will find Releases, click on Build 875 which takes you to the download page, scroll down to the bottom and grab the D7000-V1.0.1.82_1.0.1-ancistrus_negan07-build-875.zip

Extract it with something like 7zip, and in the extracted folder you will find the .img file.

Go into your routers admin page and Backup Settings (save them to a file somewhere)

Then go to your routers admin page Firmware Update, Choose the Ancistrus firmware .img file you just downloaded, and then click Upload at the top.

If you have any problems with Internet connection on the first use of the firmware, restore your settings from the Backup of the settings you just made, logout and then log back in and you should be fine thereafter.

Personally I have used Negan07 Ancistrus firmware many times during the life of the D7000v1 Router, and have no problems with it nor any security concerns, Negan07 adds his own Router settings page which adds quite a lot of controls not available in the standard NetGear firmware ..

Screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/nFgkold.png

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7