Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet connection on my Windows 10 desktop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

OmarAttaalla
Aspirant

Ethernet connection on my Windows 10 desktop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I recently bought  a Nighthawk R7000 router modem and whenever I would use ethernet connection on my desktop it would disconnect for a few seconds and reconnect every couple of minutes. I contacted support and they told me to get a replacement, which I did, I went with the R7000 Wifi Router and I am still having the same issue. Ethernet works well on my PS4 but doesnt on my desktop. Any help would be appreciated.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Ethernet connection on my Windows 10 desktop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hi OmarAttaalla,

What is the firmware version of the router? Make sure it is updated.

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000#download

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
Chris_DB
Tutor

Re: Ethernet connection on my Windows 10 desktop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Get a second network adapter or try a different port, if you have one, on your desktop.

Message 2 of 11
OmarAttaalla
Aspirant

I tried changing the port and cable of my ethernet and still nothing. It worked great with my old Wifi but now it disconnects.

Message 3 of 11
Chris_DB
Tutor

Hold on. You said that if PS4 is connected to R7000 via ethernet everything is fine, but when you connect your desktop via ethernet to R7000 you get random disconnects. Correct?

And you also tried another ethernet port on your desktop and you still get disconnects. Correct?

Message 4 of 11
Chris_DB
Tutor

Meanwhile post the output of this commands in Powershell (press Win+X and select powershell):

Get-NetAdapter | Select Name,Status,LinkSpeed,MediaType,MediaConnectionState,DriverDescription,PnPDeviceID | Format-Table -Property * -AutoSize
Get-WinEvent -ProviderName Microsoft-Windows-NetworkProfile | Where Message -like '*Network Disconnected*' | Select-Object -First 10 | Select TimeCreated
date

Message 5 of 11
IrvSp
Master

Are you using a 'fixed' IP Address on the PC? That is in the properties you've assigned an IP Address to the Ethernet Adapter?

When the PC is connected, what does the ATTACHED DEVICES show? Both the PS4 and PC or just one?

When the PC is connected open a COMMAND PROMPT and enter IPCONFIG /ALL and copy the results and paste it into a reply.

Message 6 of 11
IrvSp
Master

I'd say ENABLE logging on the Router (IF you can reach it via the PS4 or another device) and check all boxes. Set the schedule to for EMAIL to send it to you once a day and then when you get it (IF you can) see if there are anything that might help in the log in terms of why it was dropped?

Message 7 of 11
OmarAttaalla
Aspirant

Wifi also drops but for a shorter amount of time on my Windows 10 computer.

Message 8 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi OmarAttaalla,

What is the firmware version of the router? Make sure it is updated.

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000#download

Message 9 of 11
OmarAttaalla
Aspirant

Thank you, just updated my firmware and it hasnt disconnected so far.

Message 10 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi OmarAttaalla,

You are welcome. Glad to know it is working now.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7