Extension cord for AC power supply for AC5300

murob2
Follower

Extension cord for AC power supply for AC5300

I need to extend the cable on the wall adapter for this router. A primary extension cord is not acceptable, it must be on the secondary. I am a licensed electrical and licensed computer engineer, so voltage drop and current draw are not my concern, neither is the optimized switching power supply. This is a very short extension with optimized resistance at 0.0 ohms for all intents and purposes.

With that preface, aimed at people giving advice on why not to extend the secondary due to voltage drop, current draw, brown outs, etc, this is my question:

What is the inner and outer diameter of the male power supply plug barrel (the end that plugs into the router)? Also, what is the length of the secondary wire on the power supply? If it is long enough, I may not need to build an extension. I am asking, because I don't have the router yet, and I would like to be completely ready when I get the router.

Thank you kindly 

Rob

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
William10a
Master

Re: Extension cord for AC power supply for AC5300

@murob2 wrote:

I need to extend the cable on the wall adapter for this router. A primary extension cord is not acceptable, it must be on the secondary. I am a licensed electrical and licensed computer engineer, so voltage drop and current draw are not my concern, neither is the optimized switching power supply. This is a very short extension with optimized resistance at 0.0 ohms for all intents and purposes.

With that preface, aimed at people giving advice on why not to extend the secondary due to voltage drop, current draw, brown outs, etc, this is my question:

What is the inner and outer diameter of the male power supply plug barrel (the end that plugs into the router)? Also, what is the length of the secondary wire on the power supply? If it is long enough, I may not need to build an extension. I am asking, because I don't have the router yet, and I would like to be completely ready when I get the router.

Thank you kindly 

Rob

If you have a electronics supply house near you should be able to find a jack and plug of the correct size and make one no problem I have solve short leaded power supplies by just adding a longer piece of wire before . A old laptop adaptor should the idea size of wire may even have the power jack you will need with a plug already attached to the cable and save you some money after all the carry 18.5 to 19 volys dc aroud 3.5 to 6 range for the laptop.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E