Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

How do you allow two devices access to all websites, while denying all other network users

I am trying to deny access to Utube for my highschool boys, while retaining access for my wife and myself on my Netgear AC3600 Tri band WIFI router. I attempted to restrict access through content filtering, but it only allows one device. Is there another solution on the netgear settings, or should I use Circle of friends.
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: How do you allow two devices access to all websites, while denying all other network users

AC3600 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

It may be that you have the R7960P, which is an AC3600 device. If so, you can enable, and pay for, "Circle with Disney". You could also see if basic "Parental Controls" meets your needs.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware. The manual can help you to decide which approach is best for you.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2