Internet Dropped Connection

caddyj77
Follower

Internet Dropped Connection

I just hooked up and configured a Nighthawk X6 R8000 and installed the latest firmware. I was playing some online gaming today and was ok for about 2-3 hours, then the Internet (and this is a wired LAN PC) went out for about 10 seconds or so. It came back up and I was able to play and haven't had any issues since.

I'm trying to figure out if this was an issue with my ISP, which I have been having issues with recently, or the router. My question is does the Nighthawk log internet interruptions or connection resets if it loses connectivity to the modem? I looked through the log and didn't find anything. I also didn't find anything in the log from my cable modem. So right now I'm assuming the hiccup was at my ISP somewhere. But after reading some of the posts I've seen on the forum I thought I should check and see.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: Internet Dropped Connection

No options to check for logs for any disconnection. For isolation purposes, you can connect your device directly to the modem for the mean time and observe the conneciton. If it drops then problem is with ISP otherwise its the router.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E