Issues with R7000 connection and browsing

JimmyW
Tutor

Issues with R7000 connection and browsing

I recently swapped my N750 (wndr4300v2) router for the referenced R7000.  The firmware is V1.0.9.42_10.2.44 .  I'm running Windows 10x64 on a Surface laptop. QoS is disabled.  I noticed two problems that did not appear with my N750.

1.  In my Network settings, I opted to connect to my network automatically when I start my system.   However, the R7000 doesn't always do so, though my N750 did.  In the attached screenshot, the "Connect automatically" box always remains checked.  Sometimes, the network will connect on its own if I wait about 30 seconds.  I haven't chosen any options otherwise, except that I always use the 2.4GHz network instead of the 5GHz side.  If I go into my settings and connect manually, it does so instantly.  In the screenshot, Jimmy is connected on the 2.4 side.  The screenshot shows Jimmy1 just to illustrate the check box.

2.  I find that certain sites don't load as they should. I run Firefox 63.0  When I click a link or a bookmark, I get a white page with the following text:

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.
We can’t connect to the server at us.community.samsung.com.
If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:
    Try again later.
    Check your network connection.
    If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

If click the try again button, the site usually loads right away.  This issue never ocurred before I installed the R7000.  In general, it also seems that mt network (Internet) speed often is slower than with the N700.  Perhaps these are among the reportted firmware issues, but perhaps someone can suggest something to try.  Thanks!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Issues with R7000 connection and browsing

Did you ever remove the network from your device before connecting to the new r7000 network? also have you tried to change the DNS server on the router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
JimmyW
Tutor

@DarrenM wrote:

Did you ever remove the network from your device before connecting to the new r7000 network? also have you tried to change the DNS server on the router?

DarrenM

Thanks.  All I did was remove the old router physically and install the R7000.  I did nothing with DNS.  Perhaps I should have proceeded differently?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 3 of 4
JimmyW
Tutor

Thanks again.  I reset the modem and my issues resolved.  I probably should have done that after I updated the firmware on the new modem.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E