Keeps dropping A6200 Wireless USB Adapters

notdum
Follower

Keeps dropping A6200 Wireless USB Adapters

My wireless router or Wireless USB adapter keeps losing full connectivity when left on for a few days. With a permanent ping established to my cable modem, the connection starts showing dropouts for 1/2 to 3/4 of the pings. Once I disconnect and reconnect the USB adapter, the connection is reestablished. I've tried 3 different A6200 USB adapters with the same results. Any words of wisdom?
Message 1 of 5
covillen1
Apprentice

Re: Keeps dropping A6200 Wireless USB Adapters

It just sounds like it needs to be reported to Net Gear. Maybe they will release a firmware that will help with this problem. After trying 3 different adapters and getting the same results it can't be just you. Here is a link to contact Net Gear

https://my.netgear.com/SocialContact/SocialCase.aspx?source=social&topic=MjgyMjk
Message 2 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Please create a ticket for support team.

Message 3 of 5
big_j_ny
Aspirant

You know what, I noticed this too. In the past week or so, my A6200 adapter will not connect to one of the R8000's 5GHz radios DESPITE my adapter being able to find BOTH of the 5G radios being broadcasted. At the same time, it appears the connection is intermittent on my A6200 whether I'm using the old 2.4G band or whatever workable 5GHz band I can connect to. And yes, I have just submitted a ticket for this AND will be waiting for some feedback. Hopefully a solution can be found for this within this very forum thread as well
Message 4 of 5
mozerd
Guide

notdum wrote:
Any words of wisdom?
You need to make a change to the adapter properties as shown in the following link

A6200 wireless adapter intermittently disconnects
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23352/~/a6200-or-wnda3100v2-wireless-adapter-intermitt...
David Mozer
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E