Re: Losing Internet connection every 24 hours

OlivierS
Aspirant

Losing Internet connection every 24 hours

Hi

I have a weird problem.

It feels like every 24 hours (I haven't timed it), I'm losing my Internet connection.

In Genie, the Internet connection is still displayed as Good (bug in my opinion) while tests (ping, speedtest) from Genie will fail. From my computer, ping and traceroute will fail too.

This is becoming a huge problem. I can't reboot my router on a daily basis and go through the setup again. Any idea what's wrong?

Model: D7000

Firmware: V1.0.0.32_1.0.1

Thank you

Message 1 of 6

Who supplies your internet?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 6
OlivierS
Aspirant

@michaelkenward

TalkTalk (UK). but with their modem/router, I don't have this issue. So, it's likely to be a problem with Netgear, no?

Message 3 of 6

Certainly sounds like it. I asked because you need to rule out these factors.

You have my sympathy being a TalkTalk customer. I was too until they dumped me as not being profitable enough to pay Dido Harding's bonus.

Having said that, have you raised this on the TalkTalk forum?

For example:

Need router reboot - Netgear D7000 - TalkTalk Community

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 6
OlivierS
Aspirant

I think when it comes to ISP @michaelkenward, if you don't face any issue, they are all good!

I quite enjoyed Virgin Media, when I was in a fibre area. From far the best experience in terms of speed. The service was ok. I don't think they have a community, unfortunately.

When we moved and stuck to Virgin (ADSL), that was a different story. But as all the lines are maintained by BT, you never know what's going behind the scenes.

I then fancied a change and chooseTalktalk. They have a community, which is great. The support is awful as they always stick to their script, which is rubbish. 

I've asked the same question on the community. Someone told me to check that the Internet connection wasn't set on 'timeout', but it was for an ADSL connection, not VDSL.

Message 5 of 6

@OlivierS wrote:
But as all the lines are maintained by BT...

Depends on what you mean by "lines".

That hasn't been true for quite some time now. It is called local-loop unbundling.

TalkTalk dumped me because I am not on the networks that it maintains. Virgin has been building its own non-BT network for a while.

Just another user.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E