SourPkl
Tutor

Max Attainable Download/Upload Speed for R8000 nighthawk

Hi all new to the community. Thanks for any answer/advice upfront. I have a FTTH internet and recently upgraded to the 100/10 package, Before this i had the 50/5 pack. The issue Im having is my nighthawk doesnt want to handle the new speeds. Its still only able to get the 50/5. If i take my ethernet coming off of my nighthawk and direct wire to my computer it shows my speeds at 100/10 but through my router wired or wireless it comes back as 50/5. Just wondering if this is the limitation of the router or if there is a setting that i am missing somewhere in the router....

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10
TheEther
Guru

Re: Max Attainable Download/Upload Speed for R8000 nighthawk

Did you reboot your modem after you upgraded?  Usually, you have to do that in order for the upgrade to take effect.

Message 2 of 10
SourPkl
Tutor

Yep. Did a reset. Upgraded the firmware. And did a reboot. Lol. Doesn't seem to wanna take the speed. It's really wierd
Message 3 of 10
TheEther
Guru

Do you get 100 Mbps if you plug a computer directly into the modem?

Try changing Ethernet cables.

Message 4 of 10
SourPkl
Tutor

Correct if I bypass the router I get the 100mps speed.
Message 5 of 10
TheEther
Guru

Did you try changing the Ethernet cable?

It seems oddly specific for the R8000 to perform at exactly the old speeds.  Do you have QoS enabled?

Message 6 of 10
SourPkl
Tutor

I'll try that tonight. And yeah it seems really really wierd that it didn't change a thing but I kindve just shrugged it off after the laptop got the correct speed and no. Where is the QoS at I don't think I've got that enabled.
Message 7 of 10
TheEther
Guru

You should find it in one of the Advanced Setup menus on the router.

Message 8 of 10
SourPkl
Tutor

OK thanks will try tonight and check back in!

Message 9 of 10
SourPkl
Tutor

Ok so didn't have to swap Ethernet as all were correct according to my cable tester. But I found the QoS tab under advanced. What I had to do was manually tell the router my speeds from the provider as speed test was telling the router it was supposed to be getting 50/5 instead of 100/10. Really wierd. Thanks all for the help!!!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements