Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Mk62 wifi devices

Pincushion79
Aspirant

Mk62 wifi devices

I keep seeing the mk62 being marketed as being able to support 25+ wifi devices. What is the "+"? I have 45-50 devices and my current nighthawk x8 continuously drops them at random. Please tell me how many devices will it handle proficiently.
Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: Mk62 wifi devices

NETGEAR routers usually support up to 32 devices per band. You're overloading your router with so many devices connected at it

Message 2 of 6
Pincushion79
Aspirant

The x8 is triband, even with combining the 2 5ghz bands, it should still support 64 devices. Not sure how that would be overloading my current router.
Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

Combining bands doesn't make it send out some magical superband. 

Message 4 of 6
Pincushion79
Aspirant

Your words, 32 per band. If I were to use all 3 bands... 96... if I were to use only 2, 64 devices. But I am around 45 or so and still having issues.
Message 5 of 6
microchip8
Master

@Pincushion79 wrote:
Your words, 32 per band. If I were to use all 3 bands... 96... if I were to use only 2, 64 devices. But I am around 45 or so and still having issues.

Assuming your devices are spread across the different bands. For example, if all of them are on the 5 GHz band, if you exceed the limit, your router will start to choke. Also combining bands is done for speed not for how many more you can connect to the combined band

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7