Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 D700 freezing up

D700DroppingNet
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 D700 freezing up

Hi,

I called NETGEAR support line but the woman just tried selling me some Netgear care package. Unfortunately I bought this 3rd hand and the someone has registered the modem before me so I am unable to return for troubleshooting even though it is still under warranty.

I've been using the modem and then return home from work or after a couple hours of use it will drop the internet. The only way for me to get back into the modem through routerlogin.net is to do a reboot of the modem which then causes the error log to be cleared. My log is full of the fake DOS ACK Scan before the crash. I have a D7000V2 which I replaced this modem with which does not get the same attacks in the log, which I find strange.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have so far - Multiple Factory resets and Upgraded and downgraded firmware.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 D700 freezing up

@D700DroppingNet wrote:

I called NETGEAR support line but the woman just tried selling me some Netgear care package.

Which number did you call? Not I hope, something you found in a web search, which probably had nothing to do with Netgear.

Here are some of the gory details:

Tech Support a Scam - NETGEAR Communities

@D700DroppingNet wrote:

My log is full of the fake DOS ACK Scan before the crash.

Set the logs to ignore those attacks?

@D700DroppingNet wrote:
I have a D7000V2 which I replaced this modem with which does not get the same attacks in the log, which I find strange.

So what hardware are we talking about here? Your "footer" says something about an R7000.

And what firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

By the way, you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. That may explain the reference to the R7000.

The D7000 is a DSL Modem/Router.

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

DSL Modems & Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 5
D700DroppingNet
Aspirant

The one from this website.

Have set the log to ignore the attack. Internet still crashes. 

D7000, I thought this was the correct thread.

Running 1.0.1.68

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 5

Who knows what questions your answers relate to?

Fortunately, the Netgear moderators have moved your message to the right section, so you might catch the attention of more people who use DSL modem/routers.

As this is a 3rd hand device, I would wonder about the reasons for selling it. Perhaps it was dead.

Have you turned off all logging? That would confirm if this is, indeed, the cause of the crashes.

Message 4 of 5
D700DroppingNet
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

Who knows what questions your answers relate to?

Fortunately, the Netgear moderators have moved your message to the right section, so you might catch the attention of more people who use DSL modem/routers.

As this is a 3rd hand device, I would wonder about the reasons for selling it. Perhaps it was dead.

Have you turned off all logging? That would confirm if this is, indeed, the cause of the crashes.

Yes

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7