Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi not working or slow on some websites but wired network works fine

Uncola709
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi not working or slow on some websites but wired network works fine

Bought this AC1900 Nighthawk cable modem router in 2017 and has been working fine.  Using Xfinity internet provider.  All of sudden, all mobile devices have limited access to internet through the WiFi network, some websit could not be opened.  Instead using desktop with wired network and those websites are fine.  I have restarted both my mobile devices and the modem.  No luck at all.  Could anyone please shed me some light?

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
Uncola709
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi not working or slow on some websites but wired network works fine

More info:  The network was gone after around 1 minute after turn back on the WiFi on my mobile device.  But the WiFi was still connecting. 

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi not working or slow on some websites but wired network works fine

If you log into the device, go to the cable connections page and get a screen snip of the upstream/downstream info. All of it. It shows the connection back to the isp. 

Also get your logs. Post them both back here in a screen snip (easier to read)

Do wired devices have issues or just wireless? 

If there's any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers in line, I'd remove them. preferrably, directly connect the modem right where the coax enters the home. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E