Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7800 restarting issues

Unceased
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7800 restarting issues

I have a D7800 nighthawk X4S AC2600. The issue is that whenever I restart the modem and it turns back on. The modem looses the internet connection and I have to reset the full setting by putting the pin in. It still doesn’t get sorted and I normally have to go to ISP and ask them to reset everything for me and then it restarts and the internet works.

Maybe sounds confusing but I find it very frustrating that a normal restart of modem causes me all run around of 2-3 hours to go to ISP and get it working. Can the community please help me. Very frustrated.
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk D7800 restarting issues

Hi Unceased,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the device?

2. When you say "reset the full setting", are you referring to a factory reset by holding down the reset button?

Dexter

Message 2 of 6
Unceased
Aspirant

I have updated the firmware to the latest one

With reset fill setting yes .. I mean putting the pin in the reset button and holding it down and then I have to put the login ID Zane password from zips again or else it doesn’t connect to internet.. as in the wifi gets active but it says no internet till the time I reset all setting by connecting it with cable to the laptop and going full setup like a new modem .. thanks.
Message 3 of 6

@Unceased wrote:

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the latest the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

What does this mean?

@Unceased wrote:

then I have to put the login ID Zane password from zips again or else it doesn’t connect to internet..

Is this just the login details for your internet service?

Where are you filling in these details?

Then there is this bit:

the wifi gets active but it says no internet till the time I reset all setting by connecting it with cable to the laptop and going full setup like a new modem ..

Does that mean that the wifi shows up in your wifi clients but you cannot access the Internet?

What is the wifi client you are trying to connect? What is it that says "no Internet"?

Message 4 of 6
Unceased
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@Unceased wrote:

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the latest the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

------- I will check the version and update you by tomorrow or latest possible. 

What does this mean?

@Unceased wrote:

then I have to put the login ID Zane password from zips again or else it doesn’t connect to internet..

Is this just the login details for your internet service?

Where are you filling in these details?

by login details i mean the Login ID and Password setup by the Internet Service Provider. So in that sense when i restart the modem, the internet doesnt get activated until I login to the router login page and then put the ISP details and then take it from there. without that internet doesnt work but the wifi gets connected. 

Then there is this bit:

the wifi gets active but it says no internet till the time I reset all setting by connecting it with cable to the laptop and going full setup like a new modem ..

Does that mean that the wifi shows up in your wifi clients but you cannot access the Internet?

------yes the wifi signal gets connected but the internet connection doesnt work 

What is the wifi client you are trying to connect? What is it that says "no Internet"?

------ it says limited or no internet connection. then as i said before i connect the modem to laptop with the ethernet cable and then access the router home page and then do the ISP login ID and password and then the internet works. 

Message 5 of 6

Sorry. But those responses don't answer all of my questions.

If you have to manually connect to the internet every time you boot the modem/router this suggests that you have not completed the setup process. The thing is supposed to remember the login details.

This bit, for example:

------ it says limited or no internet connection. then as i said before i connect the modem to laptop with the ethernet cable and then access the router home page and then do the ISP login ID and password and then the internet works. 

What says"limited or no internet connection". If this is a Windows message then it may be that you need to change the security settings in Windows.

There is a support for the D7800, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7