Nighthawk R7000 restarting itself every 5 minutes

Lprifti
Tutor

Nighthawk R7000 restarting itself every 5 minutes

I have had a nighthawk R7000 for 8 months or so with no issues. Then last weekend it started dropping WiFi. The signal would disappear and internet would stop. Ethernet is uneffected. This past week has had very sporadic stoppage. Starting yesterday it is now dropping every five minutes. With such a frequency I cannot get any work done; but I was able to videotape the problem happening. The it does it at 10 seconds.
https://youtu.be/EU6BVPArB7g
Firm ware is 1.0.9.43

I have tried a few factory resets, and re-set up through the app a couple times aswell. I see many people have similar issues but none of their fixes have helped my situation, which is considerably more frequent than the other posts I’ve seen.

I really need help, I’m shocked that a $200 router has such a flaw. I’m in desperate need of assistance.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Lprifti
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk R7000 restarting itself every 5 minutes

i have just factory reset; rolled back to FW .32, factory reset again, then updated to FW .34 that was working fine before the initial upgrade that made it all messed up.  this has slowed down the issue and its now happening maybe ever 10 minutes; seems to be connected to downloads for sure

Message 2 of 4
rafpyc
Aspirant

Have you found a solution to this? I'm facing the exact same problem.

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

Welcome to the wonderful world of Netgear crap firmware. Sold mine due to ongoing firmware issues. The shame is Netgear used to make really solid routers and firmware. They seem to have lost their way. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements