Nighthawk R8000 Not Fully Functioning

JaimeGardner
Luminary

Nighthawk R8000 Not Fully Functioning

I bought my router Dec. 2016.....Last Sunday night I received a message on my app that there was new firmware to be installed and installed the Version 1.0.4.18. The next morning nothing was connected. I unhooked the router and modem for a couple of hours and allowed 6 devices to connect for a few hours. The following day, my internet was off again and would allow all the devices to stay connected for every 15 minutes, then I would disconnect the router and modem again and will allow all of us to reconnect for another 15 minutes and this went on and on. The internet company came out and couldn't find an issue. Now only one device is able to stay connected for a long period of time until anther device tries to connect. I did a factory reset and still only 1 device will connect. Do you think my router is bad?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Xago
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk R8000 Not Fully Functioning

After updating to 1.0.4.18 firmware Im not able to bloc connections or Turn off wireless signal by schedule.
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to reload the firmware again something could of went wrong during the install.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
Xago
Luminary

I have two R8000 nighthawk routers one is the main router and the other is working as a Wi-Fi AP.

Wi-Fi is off on the main router.

The second router is working as an Wi-Fi AP and it is the only Wi-Fi provider.

Reinstalled de firmware, reset the router, did router setting one by one, checked router clock and time zone.

A schedule time profile was created on the AP and it is listed  there. I also tried different profiles with different hours but not working. It is always on. Before the last firmware update it was working ok.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E