Re: Nighthawk R8500 installation

Gio68
Aspirant

Nighthawk R8500 installation

I had an R8500 router. I forced a firmware upgrade on it and the router died. After tried a few things i decided to get a new one. Now what's happening is that the router has its three network wifi signals however when I open the setup page on my laptop or iPad it say that the device is not connected to any network. I've tried to reset the router and also the Xfinity modem but unsuccessfully... any hint to help me out? Thanks
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Mine did same thing last week after having my modem changed. Of course support could only recomend a reset to defaults I took that POS and put in the box for later.

The other day after I cooled off I reset it and reconfigured it ALL off line. I have yet to test it.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 6
Gio68
Aspirant

hi there, what do mean installed all offline? thank you!

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sorry,

I removed from box.....power on.....waited for it to boot up.....pushed reset until power LED flashed.......connected a cable to LAN port 1 and the other end to PC......opened a Browser and typed 192.168.1.1 and then entered my settings without connecting the WAN port to my modem.

Message 4 of 6
Gio68
Aspirant

Hello,So you essentially hard wired Nighthawk and PC directly, what about internet connection, none? How can you access the router setup page then?Thank you

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're Welcome,

The setup page is in router. Try it you'll learn something new

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements