Nighthawk X6S - Can't edit many device names

MLewisCT
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6S - Can't edit many device names

I keep trying to edit the device names both from the Attached Devices list (Doen't show many devices which are actively attached and streaming), and from Security, Access Control (Does show devices).  Most I can edit and save.  However, it now won't save the names I type in. This is happening for devices that do not broadcast a name, such as an LG washer and Dryer where the name is either blank or "--".   It is also happening for a Samsung Gear Fit2 and a Sony Receiver and some other devices.  It lets you type the name and "Apply", but the refresh reverts back and your changes are gone.   I updated to the latest firmware version (V1.3.0.8_1.2.1).  I see some similar posts with some work-arounds like appending to the name first, but that doesn't work for me.  Any ideas on why this won't work?   Any ideas on why active devices are missing from the Attached Devices list?  Very frustrating...  

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
MLewisCT
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X6S - Can't edit many device names

After further study, it looks like the active devices list will only show the first 20 devices, even though I have 28.   What is really strange now, is that if I disconnect a device, and look in Access Control, and expand the list of "not currently connected" devices, the new name I typed shows.  If I then reconnect the device, and look at it in Access Control, the old default name shows again - even when I click on edit.  As my devices that don't broadcast aname show only "--" in the name, it is very difficult to tell which is which.  This bug is very frustratiing.

Also, clicking on Attached Devices seems to randomly show a list of three to five devices, even though there are over 20 "attached."  Very buggy. 

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E