PLEX Server R9000 - Installation Not Starting

PLEX Server R9000 - Installation Not Starting

I am trying to get Plex to install as advertised. However, after many resets, changing USB devices and attempting all the various bits of advice I have found in these forums, I have yet to find my specific problem described or solved.

After I check both the checkboxes and select Apply, the hourglass spins for about half a minute and then this message is displayed: "check binary fail".

Has anyone come across this message?

What does it mean?

Even when I uncheck the two checkboxes and then select Apply, the hourglass spins for a while and the same message is displayed.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
William10a
Master

Re: PLEX Server R9000 - Installation Not Starting

Sounds like another program like antivuris program does not like the program you are trying to use. Netgear's Genie has problems with other programs in the past.

Message 2 of 11

Hi William10a

Thank you for writing to me. That was a good suggestion and I had not thought of it. So, I turned off my Firewall and also set my McAfee to ask before blocking any application. then I tried it again. Unfortunately, I got exactly the same message.

I continue to search the internet for similar cases though.

Regards.

Message 3 of 11
MAGGAH
Tutor

I am also having the same problem ,now two weeks with my new x10 nighthawk and my plex server failing to download giving message 'check binary fail ' please can someine help ,i have updated my firmware to current version still no luck

Message 4 of 11

Hi

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but I have been exchaning emails with the support team now for several weeks, and no progress. They have authorised an exchange of equipment, but that did not resolve the problem. They did a TeamViewer session on my PC and learned nothing new. They have asked me to use different and older versions of the firmware, but that did not help. I have used a configuration they sent me and that did not help. I have all but given up on them now. Hope that after the weekend there is some progress again.

Does not look good though.

Regards.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 11
MAGGAH
Tutor

Just did a TeamViewer session on my Mac for about 2 hrs still no luck and support team promised to come back to me after about a week when they have consulted their engineers.I wonder they keep on selling them knowing they have issues.It is just a rip off.
Message 6 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Do you have a USB hard drive attached? if you attach it to your computer and delete all the folders that do not contain your media files, or even better save what you need from the HDD and format it, then try again, that should remove any fails Plex setup files.

Regards

Message 7 of 11
MAGGAH
Tutor

I did delete all other files on the 4T hard drive i was using and i have also tried with a brand new (empty) 8G thumb drive only but still no luck .The worst thing is the reason i bought this router is for running Plex on it and am now stuck.
Message 8 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@MAGGAH wrote:
I did delete all other files on the 4T hard drive i was using and i have also tried with a brand new (empty) 8G thumb drive only but still no luck .The worst thing is the reason i bought this router is for running Plex on it and am now stuck.

Thats not good, and thats the same reason I got the X10, its a lot of money for snake oil. But I am planing on a 10GiB NAS for mine, I just hope it works with Plex and the X10. Send it back fo a replacement.

Good luck buddy

Message 9 of 11
MAGGAH
Tutor

After having failed to get help from net gear support and made to believe that i needed to have it connected to my moderm since it was a router only ,i decided to try to connecting it direct to the outside NBN box and eliminated my modem ,guess what ,everything is now working without my old modem connected.
Message 10 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@MAGGAH wrote:
After having failed to get help from net gear support and made to believe that i needed to have it connected to my moderm since it was a router only ,i decided to try to connecting it direct to the outside NBN box and eliminated my modem ,guess what ,everything is now working without my old modem connected.

So you disconnected your ISP's equipment? Was the ISP's modem in router mode? it needs to be in Modem mode, thats how we do it with our ISP.

But if its all fixed by doing that, brilliant, thumbs up Smiley Happy

Regards

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E