Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700V2 keeps rebooting after firmware update

swiftdr
Initiate

R6700V2 keeps rebooting after firmware update

I recently update my R6700V2 router to firmware V1.2.0.76_1.0.1 and it keeps rebooting. It has rebooted at least 3 times today. Can I rollback the firmware update? If so, where can I download the older versions?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700V2 keeps rebooting after firmware update

You can rollback the firmware. 

Before doing that, I'd actually reinstall the firmware over a hardwired connection, then factory reset, and do a manual reinstall (not from a backup configuration). 

to get the firmware. go to the support site and click on downloads. 

You can get the current under the downloads and the older version you'd click on "+view previous versions"

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6700V2.aspx

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Before doing that, I'd actually reinstall the firmware over a hardwired connection, then factory reset, and do a manual reinstall (not from a backup configuration). 

You can get the current under the downloads and the older version you'd click on "+view previous versions"

Message 2 of 8
Brad1974
Initiate

Same thing is happening to me. It appears to be rebooting every 2.5 hours...
Message 3 of 8
swiftdr
Initiate

I rolled back the firmware to the next most recent update and the problem stopped. I guess I'll wait for the next update and try updating again.
Message 4 of 8
jw2021
Aspirant

I, roo, recently update my R6700V2 router to firmware V1.2.0.76_1.0.1 and since then the router has been rebooting every few hours or so. I have updated the firmware from an attached system and performed a hard reset on the router, but still the same issues others have seen. Because of the vulnerabilities in the previous version, I hate to downgrade the firmware back to what i was running previously. However, if trying to keep a reliable internet connection going, I may need to downgrade. Is there a timeframe when Netgear Support will address this issue? Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
Brad1974
Initiate

I downgraded mine to the previous FW and it has not rebooted since I did that...
Message 6 of 8
wtsai
Aspirant

I updated to 1.2.0.76_1.0.1 and since then, my router kept restarting every 13:35. Also having a warning message "time zone difference between router and local machine", though both router and PC have the correct NTP configured and synced. 

I downgraded to 1.2.0.74_1.0.1 per your suggestion.The router has been up more than an hour now. 

Think I don't need to purchase a new router for now. 

Thanks

@plemans wrote:

Message 7 of 8
Dave_D55
Aspirant

Same here.  Router rebooted every 3 hours after I upgraded to V1.2.0.76_1.0.1.

After I reverted the firmware to V1.2.0.74_1.0.1, it stays up.

New router is on order (NOT a Netgear).  At least I know I can donate my R6700V2 to a good cause (after I factory reset it).

I appreciate finding the answer here.  Thanks all.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7