Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v3 loses internet daily

imza6666
Guide

R6700v3 loses internet daily

Every morning when I wake up, my router has wifi but no internet, and must be restarted. Ethernet has no problems, it's only wifi. Restarting the router solves the issue. I saw in another thread that the router does not have an auto-reboot, so I was hoping someone could help me narrow down the problem.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700v3 loses internet daily

The R6700v3 recieved netgear armor about 2'ish version ago via firmware update. I've noticed many people have issues after this update. 

some are solved by a simple factory reset. Some require downgrading the firmware to the version prior to armor. I'd start with a factory refresh and a manual reinstall/setup (avoid backup configuration if you have one).  If this doesn't fix the issue, then I'd try downgrading the firmware to version 1.0.3.66. Make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset the router afterwards. I'd also disable auto updates. 

let me know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware are you on?

Modem you're connect to?

Is it both wifi channels or isolated to 2.4/5ghz?

There is a wireless schedule. Possibly you have that setup? Page 70 of the manual walks you through wireless schedule. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6700V3

Message 2 of 6
imza6666
Guide

-latest firmware

-modem is TM1602A MTA - has no issues, as ethernet works fine

-both wifi channels, I believe it's both but I know for sure 5g is affected

-no scheduled items in router settings

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

The R6700v3 recieved netgear armor about 2'ish version ago via firmware update. I've noticed many people have issues after this update. 

some are solved by a simple factory reset. Some require downgrading the firmware to the version prior to armor. I'd start with a factory refresh and a manual reinstall/setup (avoid backup configuration if you have one).  If this doesn't fix the issue, then I'd try downgrading the firmware to version 1.0.3.66. Make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset the router afterwards. I'd also disable auto updates. 

let me know how it goes. 

Message 4 of 6
imza6666
Guide

@plemans wrote:

I disabled Netgear Armor and the problem was solved. Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Not as excited about armor causing the issues. I've been seeing more of this on the forums as its rolled out to older routers. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7