R7500v2 Stopped recognizing USB

wpeed001
Aspirant

R7500v2 Stopped recognizing USB

I had a usb drive connected to my R7500v2 and it was working flawless when I first opened the package.  I had to take it off the network and format it, so I could use it as a bootable windows hdd.  I formatted it and connected it back to the router, and now I am unable to get the router to recognize it.  I have tried formatting smaller partitions, NTFS and FAT, having windows assign drive letters and not.  I am not able to get this drive to be recognized by the router anymore.  Its a Seagate Backup Pro model.  The USB light does not light up, however I downgraded my firmware to 1.0.2.* and the light does come on, but still is not recognized.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 6
wpeed001
Aspirant

Re: R7500v2 Stopped recognizing USB

Correction.  It will recognize FAT32, but not ExFAT.  NTFS will not be recognized.  How can I get the NTFS to recognize?

Since I can see the FAT32, I know the:

-USB Ports on the router are good

-The USB drive is good

-The system can see the hard drive

Message 2 of 6
mrmagloo
Apprentice

You are lucky. I had a 256gb USB drive connected to my R7500v2 with a around 20 Playon recordings.  Noticed after a couple of months, I couldn't access. After troublehshooting, found the drive was trashed. Not sure exactly how that happened but it's pretty clear the router doesn't play nice.

Message 3 of 6
wpeed001
Aspirant

Quickly realized that netgear doesn't really care. Just went and bought a My Cloud Home and couldn't be happier. The interface is much better and way easier to use than netgear's garbage compatability, support, and interface
Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi wpeed001,

Have you tried using a different USB drive?

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi wpeed001,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements