R8000, 3 things

leftyc66
Follower

R8000, 3 things

I'm new here so bare with me. I have 3 things I wanted to inquire the community for. 1st, how can I purchase an extended service support for my R8000. The original provided complimentary support has expired. 2nd, the GUI security issue and the temporary fix. To me the instructions were a bit confusing so any, more laymans terms, directions would be appreciated. I have a MAC. And 3rd, when the internet service provider ups your incoming speed, does the Netgear router automatically adjust to this accordingly? Is there a setting that can be enabled to make this automatic? I recently had my service provider up the speed but the router was still only putting out to my home network the previous speed. I can't remember where in the router settings I went to have it adjust to what the modem was outputting but I know I did have to instruct it to re-calibrate to the modem output speed.

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R8000, 3 things

Answering #3

A modem reboot is required for the modem to process new bin file, the router should pass the new speed without any user intervention IF the mode selected AND the clients are capable of faster speeds NOT ALL are.

Message 2 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: R8000, 3 things

#1 you should contact NETGEAR customer service and ask if they offer extended ones. Or wait here until a NETGEAR person provides an answer

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.86SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements