Re: R8500 Beta FW V1.0.2.28

grimmace
Apprentice

The may be the limit of a single stream 2.4 connection. 5.0 is more throughput but a shorter range, if I remember right, compared to 2.4. As for the auto disconnect, I had 2.4 and 5.0 networks on some devices. Eventually they would go to 2.4. 2.4 probably had a stronger signal at some point and the device switched networks. I just dropped my 2.4 network since the device still connected well enough on 5.0. I don't think it's a router issue but a frequency issue. Can you try connecting on someone else's wi-fi or make sure you are close to the router?
Message 76 of 133
doubleroll
Apprentice

Found my iPad disconnected from the 5Ghz again this morning, was about 10-15 feet from the router. Connected back to 5 and all was ok. Was connected all day yesterday to 5 with no issues. Strange I did not have this issue with my Asus or my FiOS gateway.

Message 77 of 133
NightOwl326
Luminary

I can assure you the next public release solves the IOS disconnect issues.  Hang in there as it should be getting close to release.  

Message 78 of 133
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you guys try the new released firmware version 1.0.2.30?

Turn off any Access Control List and QoS when testing the speed.

Feel free to give us an update.

Thank you!

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 79 of 133
chascent
Luminary

This is a European release. I can't believe they did not release the beta firmware I am running now.

Its perfect. WAN disconnects - gone, everything working as advertised. ElaineM why didn't they release

the newer beta version I am testing?

Also there are no real release notes on the version you link.....

CC

Message 80 of 133
doubleroll
Apprentice

Interesting as I signed a release and have not received any new beta. I may just wait for the new release at this point. Thanks!

Message 81 of 133
Chaires14
Aspirant

how can i download this and install it to my nighthawk x8 having trouble with my signals

Message 82 of 133
grimmace
Apprentice

The link for 2.28 is in the first port of the thread. The link for what they are talking about in the last few replies is in the Netgear person's reply a few back, and is for European versions only.
Message 83 of 133
Cliegal
Tutor

delete

Message 84 of 133
Roadrunner79
Guide

I went through the phone support and even got help from Elaine. I filled out emails to get some sort265 of beta through pdf file.  I have answered all emails been waiting and now I get email telling me my case will automatically be closed because I have not replied???  Very weird.  My case number is 26511099

Message 85 of 133
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Roadrunner79 I apologize about that I just sent a follow-up to our support team to contact you.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 86 of 133
metalsiren
Aspirant

What version do you have chascent ? The. 30 code is horrible I went back to this beta. If .30 is not for USA they should not have it listed in the USA area 

Message 87 of 133
Wally173
Aspirant

Hello,

I recently purchased the R8500 and am running Beta FW V1.0.2.28.  It is running great except for two things.  I am not sure if this has been mentioned because I haven't had the time to read all of the posts so I aplogize if it has.

My 1st issue is:

I have noticed if that if I login to the router and go to the Show Statistics page it will show sometimes show that LAN4, LAN5, and LAN6 are Link Down.  LAN6 is correct because nothing is connected to it.  However, LAN4 and LAN5 have devices connected to them (LAN4 1000M, LAN5 100M).  However, even though it shows Link Down for LAN4 and LAN5 the devices all still work and are online working properly.  I have noticed if I reboot the router it goes back to showing the LAN4 and LAN5 as connected.  It seems to eventually change to showing them as unconnected.  Maybe just a bug/glitch in the beta firmware?  Anyone else have this?

However, the 2nd and MAIN issue is:

While downloading a game update from EA Origin it crashes the router and makes it fully reboot.  The game will start off downloading fine and at full speed and then stop because the router crashed/rebooted.  The router loses wifi, conenction, everything.  The router will just reboot by itself and come back online.  The computer that is downloading the game update from EA Origin is connected to a gigabit switch which is shared by a NAS and another computer and then connects to the R8500 router in port LAN4.  Is this related to issue above?  Anyone else experience this?

Thank you all for your time,

Mike

Message 88 of 133
Wally173
Aspirant

I just wanted to add that it keeps doing it every time I try to update the game. I have tried like 5 times now and same thing happens

-Mike
Message 89 of 133
chascent
Luminary

I signed an NDA so I cannot comment. Elaine M knows what version it is.

She can post the version number for you. I can tell you it fixes just about

every problem.

CC

Message 90 of 133
Ak786
Aspirant

Hi everyone!
I had the same issue with origin game update and router rebooted itself my computer is connected via Ethernet to router, In the origin advance mode I selected safe mode download and it fix the issue, but download speed is very slow, I had the same issue with my r8000 and now with r8500, does any one know the fix?
Message 91 of 133
metalsiren
Aspirant

@chascent wrote:

I signed an NDA so I cannot comment. Elaine M knows what version it is.

She can post the version number for you. I can tell you it fixes just about

every problem.

CC

I dont understnad an NDA on a code for an existing product that doesnt make any sence , also if it fixes tons of issues they need to make it avail to everyone here otehrwise they will be getting returns and customer image of Netgear will be tarnished. for me the beta 28 is not perfect, but not as bad as 30 etc... but there needs to be more updates for the code or the beta you mention avail to everyone this is taking to long to stabalize a product out this long

Message 92 of 133
doubleroll
Apprentice

Try to message Elaine she is very helpful and may be able to get toyu the newest beta. I signed the NDA a while back but havent received this latest beta but just messaged one of the moderators as well for assistance. Lets see what happens...

Message 93 of 133
metalsiren
Aspirant

@doubleroll wrote:

Try to message Elaine she is very helpful and may be able to get toyu the newest beta. I signed the NDA a while back but havent received this latest beta but just messaged one of the moderators as well for assistance. Lets see what happens...

ok will do... and let me know what happens on your ened as well and thanks. 

Message 94 of 133
chascent
Luminary

I can tell everyone here that Netgear has been very helpful with any problems I

have had. Much better than Asus where thre RT87 was a disaster. This goes for the R7000

as well as the R8500. I am a customer forever.

They get bad raps that are just not warrented. Just be patient they will release the new version

when it passes all of their QC. 

CC

Message 95 of 133
BARNES
Apprentice

I want to mension a problem with the Port teaming on the R8500...

I currently have my r8500 connected to my Netgear GS108Tv2 smart switch via (2) Cat 7 shielded cables with LACP port teaming on the switch, and everytime I update the firmware or do a 30/30/30 I get a massive packet storm on router boot so bad it takes down my DirecTV boxes and freezes my PC's till I pull one the ethernet cables... I've got STP going now on the switch, but needs to be addressed non the less. Maybe kill port 2 on boot, and if LACP is sensed on port 1 enable port 2 for handshake? Assuming that can be done...lol

Other than that 1.02.28 is humming along pretty nicely... Getting a good spread across all radios with Smart connect on, qos off...

Message 96 of 133
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Wally173 Kindly contact support.

@Ak786 Please register your product and contact support too.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 97 of 133
Roadrunner79
Guide

Its been a few days for me as well running a NDA version of firmware that could have helped my hard wired connections see full speed but unfortunatly I will be buying a competitors router and see how that goes. I wish you all the best of luck with this router.  will check in as the months go by hopen a few more firmwares they get this figured out.

Message 98 of 133
ReverieLanguage
Aspirant

Hi,   I purchased in india through flipkart on 14th march I completed setup successfully but it restarts automatically in 30-50mins. Even the device gets heated very soon in our premises 40-50 users are going to connct with the same router. For stable connection we used Netgear switch.

Please help even I want to say the adaptor which you provided is 100-120V but in India we require min 240V of input adapter.

Your cooperation in this regard is highly solicited.

Message 99 of 133
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ReverieLanguage It is not normal that the router will reboot. I suggest that you get a replacement.

You may use a 240v as long as it's the same output specs.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 100 of 133
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements