R8500 can not enable vpn service. port conflicts with another rule?

fondoo
Aspirant

R8500 can not enable vpn service. port conflicts with another rule?

i'm running the latest firmware v1.0.2.80_1.0.71 and i can not for the love of god enable vpn service under advanced > vpn service.

i keep getting  - port conflicts with another rule. the default TUN Mode service port and TAP mode service ports are 12974. what port change i change it to so it doesnt conflict with that rule???

Message 1 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R8500 can not enable vpn service. port conflicts with another rule?

Hello @fondoo

Welcome to the community!

When do you get the error?

Kindly provide a screenshot of the error message and the Port Forwarding page of the router. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
mrjmwalker
Aspirant

Hi, Im having the same problem, I have Firmware Version V1.0.2.80_1.0.71 after successfully enabling the VPN Service with client access as "Auto", I am attempting to change this to "All sites on the Internet & Home Network".  Any attempt to select "All sites on the Internet & Home Network" and then click "Apply" returns this error: "Port conflicts with another tule." Screenshot below.

There are no port forwarding rules that contain port 12974.  So what is causing the conflict? How do I resolve it?

707efb65538e483abbd63fab742ff565[1].png

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Try setting tap and tun to use different ports.  My R8500 is configured that way, and I didn't get that error when i tried making your change.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E