Re: R9000 Ethernet ports locked up on Beta firmware

bbaraniec
Luminary

R9000 Ethernet ports locked up on Beta firmware

Today again, ethernet ports are in deep freeze mode, only router restart helps. Not all, just few. 4, 5 and 6.

@ChristineT let's be serious for a second. What needs to be done in oder for Netgear to recognize the issue. Clearly the RC builds are causing the it. The only way to have router running is going back to version 36 and start from scratch. 

You can't image how frustrating it is, every single day router needs to restarted or something wont work. You have been sitting on RC firmware for how long? Why is it still in RC, why my topic has been marked as solved, why haven't you release full firmware yet?

Why is it so damn hard to get you to respond?

Best regards
Bartek
Message 1 of 9
wireframeX
Aspirant

Re: R9000 Ethernet ports locked up on Beta firmware

Same issue here ...

I am going back 36 to see if it works ....

Phil

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 9
IrvSp
Master

Re: "R9000 Ethernet ports locked up on Beta firmware

@bbaraniec wrote:

Lurking here two weeks later, still nothing from Netgear. This is support at its finest. 

If you want 'support', use the Support Tab at top. If you are in your complimentary period, good. Not, choices are slim. Cough up some money for NG support or rely on what ever help you can get here from users just like you. NG people here are more moderator's than support staff. That is they try to help, and hopefully they have access to support documentation that has more info than 'we' do. They will on occassion, especially when new f/w is released scour the forum for problems with that f/w, and either 'authorize' you to support or raise the issue(s) internally.

Bottom line, if you have a 'known' problem, they will not more than likely do much, even acknowledge it is a known problem. Have it on old firmware, help as best that they can.

Now if you think this is a NG thing, you are probably not right. Look at the LinkSys, Cisco, ASUS, TPLink forums, and other web sites that have router sections... all the major players have problem and very limited or no official support in forums.

What you have no way of knowing is IF your problem is known and the vendor is actively working on it, nor the severity of the problem vs. the installed base.

This place isn't a 'black hole' for problems, but unless you have a configuration problem or a problem that has a well known 'fix' without new firmware help is very limited here.

Message 3 of 9
bbaraniec
Luminary

Re: "Attached devices" and "Access Control" not working on Nighthawk X10

What a pile of crap you are talking @IrvSp.

First of all time line, dude look at this. NG had possible sulution as beta, yet not doing anything with it. More and more people are being affected with the same issue. Then my post got deleted. After some more poking at Community Manager, I'm gettng a new RC firmware, that solves the issue, but messes up something else. From that point you have people coming both with issue 1 and 2, you have CM not responding at all and post get marked as solved. Does it look like solved to you? Cough up some money? Dude, seriously, you think it's money issue?

What I'm going to do with 1st level support guy? We are getting links to beta software, so clearly NG Engineers are aware of the issue, are they not? So tell me how any support is going to help me?

Don't care about other brands, their forums, problems and what not.

I'm working in IT and I know how support looks like. There are better and there are worse one and let's be honest NG is in the second category. 

"What you have no way of knowing is IF your problem is known and the vendor is actively working on it, nor the severity of the problem vs. the installed base." Say what? Gather your thoughts, your post makes no sense at all. 

@ChristineT @DarrenM

Best regards
Bartek
Message 4 of 9
IrvSp
Master

@bbaraniec,

" I'm gettng a new RC firmware, that solves the issue, but messes up something else."

Well, you just said one problem fixed broke another... you should be glad they didn't release anything. I would hope you got code that was created only to fix your problem and not tested for anything else. Doesn't instill confidence either does it?

I've got my problems with the support team in Taiwan myself. A case opened on Readyshare since Mar. 31st this year and not even a beta to try. Support tried to close it twice. Got it re-opened and sent in a lot of data. 2 remote connections to my PC to show the state of the problem. Last one done with Taiwan late at night. Had up to 3 connections to the TeamViewer session. At one point one said he saw the problem but doesn't understand it, new to Windows. That was a few weeks ago, NO UPDATE since.

All I was saying you'll not see true support here. Every few weeks I go to MY Support and put into the case a request for update. Don't seem to get a real one other than 'working on it' or the worst one, it appears to be a Windows 10 problem.

One thing I've learned... complaining here doesn't seem to get anything done. If out of the free support window, you have a real problem. Even if created by new firmware.

Yes, looking at other vendors should show you the state of the business. None are good, and nothing is driving any vendor to do better. I am not defending them at all. However, support here and the true support is what it is. Until that changes, and it may not, realize that and deal with it. I wish it would but if anything, it appears to be getting worse, and firmware releases tend to be buggy and are more driven by security exposures than fixing operational problems...

Message 5 of 9
bbaraniec
Luminary

@ChristineT Thank you for update. I've updated router with provided beta 5 minutes ago.

Usually after 3-4 day locking ethernet ports occurs. I will keep updating this topic.

Best regards
Bartek
Message 6 of 9
myersw
Master

Delete. The forum software doesn't seem to have a delete function.

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 7 of 9
bbaraniec
Luminary

Today around 7am the ethernet ports were already frozen.

Best regards
Bartek
Message 8 of 9
bbaraniec
Luminary

Two month later and still nothing...

Best regards
Bartek
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats