R9000 Time management settings

Nightx10
Aspirant

R9000 Time management settings

I Just purchased a Nighthawk R9000. Where can I find time management settings by device? I don't see it anywhere. For example, If I want to keep wifi access for my laptop on at all hours, but want to limit wifi access to my son's phone to 8am - 8pm. How do I do this?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
SScandy
Luminary

Re: R9000 Time management settings

Go into the Netgear web setup. Select Advanced, Security, Parental Controls, then read the web page that will be displayed. It explains how to use the Netgear Genie app to do what you want.

Message 2 of 6
Nightx10
Aspirant

Hi Sscandy,

I have searched the genie app and can not find anywhere to control wifi time settings by device. I have found where you can control the wifi time settings as a whole, but not by device. This is a very basic function that even low end linkseys routers have.

if you can find it, please let meknow exactly how to get there. Again time settings by device. Example, my computer set up to access the router from 6am to 12am, while my son's iphone set up to access the router from 8am to 10pm.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You would need to use the Disney circle controls in order to control this.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001380892-Setup-Circle-on-your-NETGEAR-Router

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Nightx10
Aspirant

This is so crazy.

The Disney Circle is not compatible with the R9000.

I can't believe my $500 router doesnt have this simple setting. I shouldn't have to look for a 3rd party app in the first place.

I can go get a Linksey's router for under $100 that not only has this setting, but is very easy to find and use. Super user freindly.

I'm happy with the performance of my new router, but can't believe NETGEAR doesn't have this at least on their Genie App or anywhere for that matter.

Apparently this has been an issue with NETGEAR for years looking back at past posts. Why not just add this simple feature NETGEAR on a firmare update or Genie App update?!?!?!?!

Message 5 of 6
Redbeard1st
Aspirant

By the way, the Disney Circle can be purchased as a separate device - it is router independent, so it can be used with the R9000. 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E