Re: Readycloud setup

russi
Aspirant

Readycloud setup

Hi this is probably a total noob question but I cannot find an answer online and not sure what to do to setup Readycloud for my R7000.

I have a netgear account went to http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/en/router-setup.html to make a readycloud account. when i go to http://routerlogin.net as instructed it comes up saying 'Currently you have no registered devices'.

When the login box comes up I have tried entering the netgear account details but nothing happens. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Mark

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 22

"Netgear accounts" are a wonder to behold. You can have separate accounts for this forum, MyNetgear, Netgear DNS, Parental Controls and more. Which one are we talking about?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 22
russi
Aspirant

thanks for your message Michael,

I have a my Netgear account but dont think i have either of the other two

Making a Readycloud account shouldnt be that complicated but maybe it is!

Message 3 of 22

@russi wrote:

thanks for your message Michael,

I have a my Netgear account but dont think i have either of the other two

Is that MyNetgear?

@russi wrote:

Making a Readycloud account shouldnt be that complicated but maybe it is!

I'm, not going to argue with that.

There is a manual for the DGND4000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> DGND4000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 92

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 22
russi
Aspirant

why would i need DGND4000 manual when all I'm trying to do it set up a Readycloud account when I have a Nighthawk R7000 router? thanks

Message 5 of 22

I just got confused when dealing with a bunch of problems.

But the instructions should be the same:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 92 in the manual.

Just another user.

Message 6 of 22
russi
Aspirant

thanks that link is for the R7000 model... 

and there are multiple manuals available - theres even one just for readyshare, which just says to create an account like it instructed on the other page (which isnt much help).

can you tell me which of these manuals to look at?

Message 7 of 22

@russi wrote:

thanks that link is for the R7000 model... 

According to your first message, that is what you own.

@russi wrote:

can you tell me which of these manuals to look at?

The one that says User Manual would be a good start. But ReadyCloud might be worth reading as that is what you are trying to set up.

Just another user.

Message 8 of 22
russi
Aspirant

thanks for all your feedback and help.

I'm not going to worry about setting up readyshare because there is no need for it to be this difficult. Google Drive and Onedrive will suffice because they are simple and actually work!

Netgear the error message was shown in image in the first post on this forum.

if anyone can give me a simple solution or way to create a readyshare account would love to hear it

thanks

Message 9 of 22

@russi wrote:

I'm not going to worry about setting up readyshare because there is no need for it to be this difficult.

Several times now you have referred to ReadyShare when you really mean ReadyCloud. I wonder if this is the source of your confusion.

ReadyShare exists to allow you to share local data on your local network, usually stored on devices attached to the router's USB ports.

ReadyCloud exists to let you get at files on your local network over the internet.

Neither of these is a substitute for Google Drive or Onedrive.

ReadyShare is the bit in the router's management interface that allows you to set up all of the "Readythings".

Going back to your quest, we never did get to the question about the firmware that you run on your router. Netgear keeps tweaking things like ReadyCloud with new firmware.

What firmware version do you have on the R7000? A number is more useful than "the latest". It may not be by the time people read this, and there can be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up in the browser interface.

Just another user.

Message 10 of 22
russi
Aspirant

sorry about the confusion, maybe i am using the words synonomously when they are very different. perhaps i should have outlined what i want and am trying to achieve better at the start.

i have an external HDD pugged into the front USB of my R7000 which I will use to as another storage device. My understanding was that netgear customers could create a Readycloud account and the data contained on this USB drive would be able to be accessed anywhere via the cloud.

i would have thought that it would be as simple as creating a Reseadycloud account and then linking it to the router/UBS drive. sorry can you tell me how to find firmware is this is still required as I just went into device manager but could not see anything and am not sure what i am looking for.

many thanks

Message 11 of 22

@russi wrote:

i have an external HDD pugged into the front USB of my R7000 which I will use to as another storage device. My understanding was that netgear customers could create a Readycloud account and the data contained on this USB drive would be able to be accessed anywhere via the cloud.

Your understanding is spot on.

Somehow your router is not showing the prompt I would expect in that first image.

It should offer a way to get to here:

ReadyCLOUD

If you have an Netgear account, you should be able to sign in. (If there is no account, it should guide you through the process of creating one.) That landing page should also guide you through the steps you need to set  up your router in ReadyCloud.

That page also has a link to the ReadyCLOUD FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

That will also tell you about the desktop client that you can install on your PC to manage the local storage.

The question about firmware is that Netgear keeps changing the interface, which may explain why you don't see these links.

@russi wrote:

sorry can you tell me how to find firmware is this is still required as I just went into device manager but could not see anything and am not sure what i am looking for.

The firmware version is at the top right hand corner of every page in the browser interface.

This takes you to the latest firmware:

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.28 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

That is a couple of months old, so you may not have it installed.

Just another user.

Message 12 of 22
russi
Aspirant

Ok now things have really gone bad... i updated the firmware and now have no access to the internet on home computer (on phone now). I have no idea what has happened. I'll try calling netgear tomorrow
Message 13 of 22
russi
Aspirant

we are back on! Smiley Happy

may be a step closer to working this out...

everything leads back to the first screenshot i posted with the question, which says that i do not have any registered devices.

so i went to the netgear site to register the router and the serial i entered had already been used. i did purchase the router second hand so no doubt they must have registered it also. is this likely to be what the problem is, and if so how would i go about having the serial cleared so i can register is?

thanks

Message 14 of 22

@russi wrote:

we are back on! Smiley Happy

There are two obvious moves when you get stuck. First factory reset the router after the firmware flash. (This is often a good idea anyway.) If that doesn't work, restart the network in the standard order:

Be sure to reboot your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

@russi wrote:

i did purchase the router second hand so no doubt they must have registered it also.

That's new information.

@russi wrote:

is this likely to be what the problem is, and if so how would i go about having the serial cleared so i can register is?

That could well be the issue, I am in the middle of beta tests of something completely different that have hit a wall because Netgear's severe has got itself confused.

The ReadyCloud interface certainly records the serial number.

You may need intervention from Netgear's support people to allocate your devbice to your MyNetgear account. Maybe @DarrenM can help.

Just another user.

Message 15 of 22
russi
Aspirant

thanks for your help.

what had happened was that when the firmware updated it reset the login details to that of my netgear account when they needed to be my ISP details, so ithe internet started working again when the correct details were re-entered.

sorry i didnt realise it mattered that the router is second hand because everything else works fine with it. I think and am hoping that the missing step/problem is that the device is not registered to the netgear account.

like i said it looks like the problem now is that the serial has already been used, so i will email netgear to try get that sorted, or it someone could advise what should be done that would be great.

many thanks

Message 16 of 22
russi
Aspirant

so apparently the router is registered to me so thats not the problem.

I spoke with netgear who were unable to tell me what needs to be done. as mentioned before, when i get to the roadycoud setup screen (screenshot 1), when I click either option it loads a page saying that I have no registered or shared devices - this is the first screenshot i posted in the first message.

with this info any ideas what the problem could be?

Message 17 of 22

Did you try installing and running the ReadyCloud utility? (See above.)

Just another user.

Message 18 of 22
russi
Aspirant

pretty sure i have tried all suggestions so far, but to be clear is it the comment abolve:

It should offer a way to get to here:

ReadyCLOUD

this takes me to the page which goes to the welcome to Readycoud screen (in screenshot) which has set up ReadyNAS and Set up connected storage on router.

when I click either of these is appears to go to a page for a split second and the comes up with the screen saying that there are currently no registered devices.

if this isnt the Readycloud utility what is?

Message 19 of 22

@russi wrote:

if this isnt the Readycloud utility what is?

The one that you download, install and run.

It is seriously well hidden:

ReadyNAS Downloads | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Just another user.

Message 20 of 22
russi
Aspirant

thanks this is a new screen I had not been here before.

I downloaded the readycloud utility but when I enter my netgear details it says that it does not recognise username or password.

When I click Create account it says that the email address is already registered.

When I click upgrade account it says that it does not recognise username/password.

then when I click forgot username it comes up with that readycloud does not have a user ID with the email addressed entered.

Message 21 of 22
russi
Aspirant

ok just to let you all know it is finally working! (no entirely sure how i jagged it)

i honestly think it created a readycloud account when i tried to sign into the account through the router settings (which i would have thought the readycloud account would need to be made first to be able to sign in).

thanks for all your help and suggestions. feedback for netgear to try to simplify the process would be to allow the creation of readycloud account on the netgear weg page or clearer instructions of how to set readycloud up, as i dont think simpy trying to sign in through the router was suggested in any instructions of forum feedback (maybe this wasnt how it was made I'm not sure)

thanks again,

Mark

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements